Delta NonRev?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

I am an employee and am nonreving but the flight is over sold by like 50+ pax.
there are 28 first class seats (which is where most nonrev's go) and only 19 coach seats.
Currently there are 22 rev pax looking to get on the flight, so not enough seats in coach but plenty in first. Will the agents put the rev stby pax with coach tickets in first class to get them on the flight?
Thanks

Sinca3 said:
there are 28 first class seats (which is where most nonrev's go) and only 19 coach seats.
Currently there are 22 rev pax looking to get on the flight, so not enough seats in coach but plenty in first. Will the agents put the rev stby pax with coach tickets in first class to get them on the flight?
Thanks
I don't think so.

They'll upgrade as many medallions (both scheduled and standby) as they can to make room in the back for the rev standbys. If they can't fill the front with medallions, they will (worst case) upgrade normal class pax to the front to make room in the back. That doesn't happen often, but it is possible.

May want to check on your Plan B.

Sinca3 said:
Thanks

Sinca3,

I use to be a ticket agent for Delta (ASA) in my college days. Please forgive me as this information may be outdated about 2 years.

Under no circumstances did we ever upgrade coach passengers unless they were medallions. We would DBC (Deny Boarding) to those passengers which we couldn't take. Now, here is where the problem comes in. The GRS states that if you DBC passengers you can NOT clear nonrev's. Now, Jumpseaters are at the Capt's discretion. If the Capt says the JSers go, then they go.
Your situation reminds me of time that passengers always went from ATL-JFK on fly 1994 which was a B763. It was always oversold in the back by 25 seats, but had 40 seats open in Biz class. Most of the time they accommodated everyone and put the NONREV's up front. If your traveling alone, always give it a shot. Traveling with the family is what makes it a little tricky. Best of luck to you.

Sinca3,

It all depends on where you're going and the frequency of the flights.

When I flew for Comair, I commuted LAS-CVG. Coach was just about always oversold on those flights (4, sometimes 5 a day) with first being wide open most of the time.

If there were still seats open up front after all the upgrades, they will absolutely move some of the nicer coach people (the ones without a seat assignment that don't scream at the agents for a seat) to first class.

First class is just a seat these days so the rules of yesterday don't apply anymore. If you add up all open seats in travelnet (first and coach) and there are more - (oversold) passengers than seats, good luck.

Back when I tossed bags for the now-renamed Corporate Airlines, I darn near got stuck in MCO trying to leave New Years Day on AA. I checked SABRE and the plane (MD80) was oversold by 6, plus there were 3 on the standby list. They upgraded AAdvantage members in coach who had any kind of status so they could get us on because they wouldn't let AAC non-revs sit or even purchase a First Class upgrade. I was the last one on the plane (last row on the right, "window" seat of the engine pod), but I made it back to work when I was working on my Plan B. I was very pleased and impressed, because I know how AA ticket agents can be sometimes...

Sinca3. I'm going to call a Delta Supv (a friend of mine) and see what the current rule is now. I'll post something tomm.

Latest resources

Back