Delta Non-Rev change in policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwind

I have noticed that parents of Delta pilots are now boarded AFTER active pilots at the regionals. Did I miss the memo? When did this change?

Thanks for any info.

As far as I was aware there has been no change, we're still commuting to work after DAL employee parents, Captain's dogs and FA's cellos.

Perhaps these pilots were on a deadhead, or their company was giving them positive space in accordance with their commuter policy. Yet again, they may have been taking a flight deck jumpseat and boarded early so they could stow their bags.

What you are probably noticing is that parents are S3B. On one of your flights that puts them behind you. On a mainline flight that puts them in front of you. Go to the travel net and look at the codes.

Yes, it was and still is happening on mainline flights. When I list parents and then check the list, they are NOW junior to regional pilots. Just a few months ago when I listed them, they were senior to regionals.

The issue is not between parents and Delta pilots, it is between parents and regional pilots. It is also not a deadhead issue, since deadheads do not show up on the non-rev list, they are positive space. I called the usual numbers and have been told there has been no change to the policy, but when I list them...they are still junior to "OH" "AS" "XJ" "9E" employees etc...

When you list them for the flight, the list does not refer to their boarding priority. It just list pilots, retirees/parents, then buddy pass riders in DOH order. If you look a list of the pilots, you will see the carriers all mixed up. When they check in for a flight and select a priority, then you see the correct order which is the airport standby list.

Look at the AIRPORT STANDBY LIST as opposed to the NONREVENUE STANDBY LIST.

What regionalcap wrote is also explained on the AIRPORT STANDBY LIST as well on DeltaNet.

Slightly (but only slightly) off topic...brilliant business decision to put parents traveling on pleasure ahead of pilots traveling to work. I'm no MBA, but this doesn't make sense to me.

Slightly (but only slightly) off topic...brilliant business decision to put parents traveling on pleasure ahead of pilots traveling to work. I'm no MBA, but this doesn't make sense to me.
Same goes for S4s going ahead of jumpseaters IMO!

Gen Lee's mom gets steerage....

(In more ways than one.)

Latest resources

Back