• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From my understanding representaion will not hold up SOC. I thought from SOC that starts a 30 day window for the vote because the NMB would declare single operator at that point which starts the clock. I heard it was Tech ops going to hold up SOC by a couple months.

Well my .02 cents worth: I am currently between the cracks, displaced to the ER in NYC but currently out on SLOA until Januaryish. So I called the person in training planning to get an idea of what to expect when I come back to work...ie, should I start studying for the ER now, wait to find out if I get displaced to the 90 in MSP or the 320 in SLC? She told me that I may not be displaced out of NYC on the ER due to an opening of "something out west" that would entice enough senior guys to bid it, thus being able to hold onto the ER in NYC. She even mentioned significant numbers of FO's being able to upgrade to ER Capt. The best course of action would be to start studying now for the ER and that she might not be able to get me in class until February anyways due to training backlog. Also if I were to be displaced I'd be looking at a April or May class date and in the meantime they would take a look at my situation and may opt to not train me on anything in the interim...so I'd sit at home getting rsv guarantee on the 73n....SWEET.

Reading the Tea leaves and listening to her words, and without much filling in the blanks between them I was left with the distinct impression that there will be large movement WEST on the ER...my guess is PDX

Well my .02 cents worth: I am currently between the cracks, displaced to the ER in NYC but currently out on SLOA until Januaryish. So I called the person in training planning to get an idea of what to expect when I come back to work...ie, should I start studying for the ER now, wait to find out if I get displaced to the 90 in MSP or the 320 in SLC? She told me that I may not be displaced out of NYC on the ER due to an opening of "something out west" that would entice enough senior guys to bid it, thus being able to hold onto the ER in NYC. She even mentioned significant numbers of FO's being able to upgrade to ER Capt. The best course of action would be to start studying now for the ER and that she might not be able to get me in class until February anyways due to training backlog. Also if I were to be displaced I'd be looking at a April or May class date and in the meantime they would take a look at my situation and may opt to not train me on anything in the interim...so I'd sit at home getting rsv guarantee on the 73n....SWEET.

Reading the Tea leaves and listening to her words, and without much filling in the blanks between them I was left with the distinct impression that there will be large movement WEST on the ER...my guess is PDX

PDX? What about SEA?

Just my best guess because of the amount of deadheads to PDX for the ER, the ramp up of Alaska feed for PDX and former 330 routes in/out of PDX that are going to the ER.

I think that you will MAY see a West Coast ER base. Also think 777 and a move west of NYC too.

I'm starting to think my 320 seat lock might not matter. I might be MD'd anyhow. I hope that most pilots at least get into the base they want to be at even if it isn't in the aircraft they want to be in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back