Delta Newhire training question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couple basic questions regarding DAL:

1) Is FIRST year payscale still $48 for all equipments?

2) SECOND year pay:
B737 - $66
MD88 - $67
B767/757 - $ 76

3) Is there a seat lock? or can you jump equipments as they become available (seniority driven?)

4) How long can a new hire expect to be on reserve on B737, MD88, B757/767 (ATL or NYC)?

5) How long until upgrading?

Thanks for the info.....just trying to decide if I should make a move.

Yes

2) SECOND year pay:
B737 - $66

MD88 - $67
B767/757 - $ 76
Yes

3) Is there a seat lock? or can you jump equipments as they become available (seniority driven?)
Two years, but u r not locked in to the seat you get as training

4) How long can a new hire expect to be on reserve on B737, MD88, B757/767 (ATL or NYC)?
NYC, alot sooner than ATL, MD-88 alot sooner than the 73N. So, if u want to be off reserve, go for 88 NYC; if you want the glory and don't mind reserve for 3-5 years, you can bid in to the 767 Int'l in NYC almost immediately

Junior Captain seat is the MD-88 in NYC; I am an early 2000 hire and 6 to 9 months away. For the same 88 in ATL it is probably another 3-4 years.

But, we stopped hiring for 6 years.

Thanks for the info.....just trying to decide if I should make a move.[/quote]

Yes

2) SECOND year pay:
B737 - $66

MD88 - $67
B767/757 - $ 76
Yes

Two years, but u r not locked in to the seat you get as training

NYC, alot sooner than ATL, MD-88 alot sooner than the 73N. So, if u want to be off reserve, go for 88 NYC; if you want the glory and don't mind reserve for 3-5 years, you can bid in to the 767 Int'l in NYC almost immediately

Junior Captain seat is the MD-88 in NYC; I am an early 2000 hire and 6 to 9 months away. For the same 88 in ATL it is probably another 3-4 years.

But, we stopped hiring for 6 years.

Thanks for the info.....just trying to decide if I should make a move.
[/quote]

Airlinepilotcentral.com says first year pay is $49 an hour, and 2nd year pay on the 738 is $75 an hour, $77 on the 757/767, and $68 on the MD88. Also, my friends at Delta said they are getting a bunch of 757ERs in NYC in the next year, which could lower reserve on the NYC ER category to a year or maybe 15 months. They said they were getting 15 757s from American that used to fly for TWA. That would add a lot of lines if they all went to NYC I would think.

How does the reserve system work at Delta? Short call? Long call? How long to expect to be on reserve once I were to get back to SLC? Is it as bad as sitting reserve at a regional?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

CD

On 31 day months, you are on reserve 19 days; on 30 day months, it is 18.

Call out is 12 hours, however, they can assign 6 short call days which have 2 hour call out.

I haven't been on reserve in 6 years but I understand short call is usually better because if they have a trip for you, they'll tell you as far out as possible.

Short call is really used for coverage when people call in sick or irregular ops. Basically you won't be utilized as much on short call.

On 31 day months, you are on reserve 19 days; on 30 day months, it is 18.

Call out is 12 hours, however, they can assign 6 short call days which have 2 hour call out.

I haven't been on reserve in 6 years but I understand short call is usually better because if they have a trip for you, they'll tell you as far out as possible.

Short call is really used for coverage when people call in sick or irregular ops. Basically you won't be utilized as much on short call.

It's 8 short call days, and the utilization on short call will depend on the size of your category. Small category short calls will probably not be used much. large category short call pilots will probably be used a fair amount.

Didn't one of delta's shrinks who evaluates new hires blow their brains out?

I am currently flying freight in SLC and want to stay in this area. I would like to get on with Delta, but am a year or so short of TT and turbine time. I see from this thread that new hires are either going to ATL or NYC.

What does it take to be SLC based? How long will this take?

My two current options are to upgrade to a B1900 single pilot or a corporate gig that would get me PIC in a CJ2. Would either of these be worthwhile on the DAL application?

Does DAL hire freight pilots without crew or 121 experience?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back