Delta...New Lows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet,

As long as we add fuel surcharges, we could be ok. Delta added $10 roundtrip today, and that is a start. If we don't do that, then we will lose.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Did you listen to Matthew Simmons with Jim Puplava? You never read or listen to anything I suggest. Humor me.

Did you read the transcript of Congressman Roscoe Bartlett?

I suspect the answer to both questions is no. You know nothing if you don't educate yourself. Read and listen.

Did anybody read or listen to the sites I provided?

Jet

Last edited:
Allright already. I'll try to listen to them. I have a short attention span, so it may be shortlived.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I wonder how many DL pilots will bail early on this earnings news.....

I can't imaging any one even contemplating early retirement would even dare wait to a BK filing. That would be utterly crazy.

Grab the bucks and get the heck out!

jetflyer said:
General,

Did you listen to Matthew Simmons with Jim Puplava? You never read or listen to anything I suggest. Humor me.

Did you read the transcript of Congressman Roscoe Bartlett?

I suspect the answer to both questions is no. You know nothing if you don't educate yourself. Read and listen.

Did anybody read or listen to the sites I provided?

Jet
For all you "end of the world as we know it" theorists, here is an interesting read from the man who originally correctly predicted the US would see "peak oil production" in the 70's.

http://www.americanscientist.org/template/BookReviewTypeDetail/assetid/45924;jsessionid=aaa5A94dH-d7TO

ultrarunner said:
I wonder how many DL pilots will bail early on this earnings news.....

I can't imaging any one even contemplating early retirement would even dare wait to a BK filing. That would be utterly crazy.

Grab the bucks and get the heck out!

We have had 2000 since May of 04, and 164 left Aug 1st of this year. There are more in the pipeline. The rest of us KNOW there will be NO PENSION LEFT EVENTUALLY.

Bye Bye--General Lee

When oil hits $100 barrel, watch our military go into action. Venezuela will be target number one (their leader is a complete Castro wannabe) and then Norway, Sweden and others in the area are next. Those elk in Anwar would be toast - literally. C'mon George let's get some BLACK GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowecur said:
For all you "end of the world as we know it" theorists, here is an interesting read from the man who originally correctly predicted the US would see "peak oil production" in the 70's.

[url="http://www.americanscientist.org/template/BookReviewTypeDetail/assetid/45924;jsessionid=aaa5A94dH-d7TO"]http://www.americanscientist.org/template/BookReviewTypeDetail/assetid/45924;jsessionid=aaa5A94dH-d7TO[/url]

Lowecur,

Did you read that article!!? Have you read Kunstler's book "THE LONG EMERGENCY"??

That entire article is about Kunstler's new book. It barely mentions M. King Hubbert, who correctly predicted the U.S. peak oil production.

Kunstler is regarded as one of the largest DOOMSDAYERS on the subject of Peak Oil, right behind Matthew Savinar and his www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net site.

It's funny how you're bring up Kunstler and not me, ATPCliff, or one of the other PO believers on here.

Kunstler thinks Peak Oil production will be reached WAY BEFORE other experts on the Peak Oil concept. Kunstler thinks the GLOBAL PEAK OIL IS going to occur AROUND THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR!! He believes LIFE AS WE KNOW IT IS GOING TO CHANGE FOREVER with a GREAT DEPRESSION coming soon from the catastrophically high oil prices that causes us all to change how we live forever.

ASPO and ODAC don't believe GLOBAL PEAK OIL will occur till 2007-2008. So we have a little time by their calculations. What we're seeing now is the SUPPLY/DEMAND pinch before peak is reached. I hope Kunstler isn't right and that we're there now!

I try not to mention James Howard Kunstler's or Matthew Savinar's works because it tends to turn people off to the "Peak Oil" concept. It scares them into denial like GENERAL LEE! (Actually the General can just plead ignorance, because of his short attention span that won't allow him to even listen to a sound clip I provide)

I find it ironic you mention Kunstler and not me and I am much more of a believer in Peak Oil and it's devestating effects than you are.

Stop trying to scare people Lowecur!!! :) :D ;)

I try to educate people, but no one here is very intelligent so I'm having trouble!!!!!!!!!!!! You're all morons that are going to get eaten by the cannibals, I'm convinced of it!! :)

Jet

p.s. jk about you guys being morons, well kind of.....educate yourselves on Peak Oil!!!! If you don't educate yourselves you're all going to lose ALL OF YOUR MONEY IN THE COMING STOCK MARKET CRASH!! Energy, Commodities and Gold are the places to be in. Maybe money will motivate you?? Naaa. You'll just go along fat, dumb, BROKE, and happy? till our leaders tell you about it. HAA.

Last edited:
Sweden has no oil supplies to speak off, Norway does, but is a member of NATO. Denmark has (a bit) of oil as does the UK, but they are also members of NATO.

More likely, if oil reaches a hundred, we will see a slow down in the worldwide economy and use for oil will decrease, hence price goes down. As many has said, it is time for the US to seriously plan a comprehensive energy policy. CAFE standards have to be raised, the automakers are against this, since it is cheaper using old engine technology, but they must be enticed somehow.

Although we can probably never rid ourselves of the need for massive amounts of oil, we need to start thinking longer term and figure out ways to reduce our dependency.

Latest resources

Back