Delta...New Lows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
When oil hits $100 barrel, watch our military go into action. Venezuela will be target number one (their leader is a complete Castro wannabe) and then Norway, Sweden and others in the area are next. Those elk in Anwar would be toast - literally. C'mon George let's get some BLACK GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Your Six. You're dead on about Venezuela. They are, I believe the 3rd largest supplier of oil to the U.S. behind Canada and Mexico, and ahead of SAUDI ARABIA!! Bet you didn't know Saudi Arabia was our 4th largest oil importer?

Remember all the turmoil in Venezuela when there was an attempt to get Hugo Chavez out of power? There are a lot of people that think the CIA was attempting to oust him, to put a U.S. friendly leader in there that will provide us all their oil.

George's response to Peak Oil? Iraq, Iran, Venezuela, Anwar... Iraq has been taken care of. Anwar is next. I think Hugo Chavez will be assassinated and I'm thinking we might not ever attack Iran?? I think it would skyrocket oil prices too much. We waited till the supply/demand became too tight. We should have invaded Iran 2 years ago, when we got Iraq.

Bush is hellbent on global domination and securing of the world's oil reserves. I hope he succeeds!!! If he doesn't he hasn't allowed himself much of a back up plan.

Jet

Here is where the U.S. gets its oil imports.
The entire post can be found on the OILDRUM blog at:
http://theoildrum.blogspot.com/2005/08/crystal-ball-though-murky-is-not-empty.html

It is useful to review where we get our oil from. We did it here and here in more detail, but it can be simplified to figures from the OGJ(Oil and Gas Journal) that show that, in April 2005, the US imported oil from Algeria (0.467 mbd); Kuwait (0.164 mbd); Nigeria (1.243 mbd); Saudi Arabia (1.494 mbd); Venezuela (1.567 mbd); Other OPEC (0.597 mbd); Angola (0.365 mbd); Canada (2.190 mbd); Mexico (1.632 mbd); Norway (0.250 mbd); UK (0.394 mbd); Virgin Islands (0.358 mbd) and other non-OPEC (2.655 mbd) [1 mbd = 1,000,000 barrels a day].

Of these Mexico has just gone into depletion, Venezuela for political or geological reasons has dropped a possible 1 mbd of production over the past year, Saudi Arabia may or may not be at peak production, but has set aside 800,000 bd of new production just to offset depletion in its older fields, Canada is relying on tar sands for increases and at no more than around 150,000 bd/year; the North Sea appears now to be depleting at around 500,000 bd/yr (UK and Norway); Iraq is still dropping in production – at present it is down around 100,000 bd over last year (that may be the other OPEC); Angola is just starting to increase production as is Algeria; Kuwait is up around 20,000 bd; and Nigeria is staying stable, but appears to have significant political problems.

What might come as a total surprise to many is that CANADA of all places is where we get most of our imports from! Equally as shocking might be that MEXICO is number 2, Venezuela number 3, then finally Saudi Arabia at number 4.

Remember Bush holding hands with NOW KING ABDULLAH! That was funny. Is Bush getting desperate?? I couldn't believe he was holding his hand. I think he was saying"PLEASE GIVE US YOUR OIL!!, PRETTY PLEASE"(OR WE'LL INVADE YOUR ASSES!)

So if we take over Saudi Arabia next we'll have a lot more oil for a while:), since they produce a total of 9 mbd and we only get 1.5mbd from them. Well that is in theory only, cause we've seen what's happened in Iraq. They are down over 1 million barrels/day since our invasion :(

GLOBAL RESOURCE WARS ARE FUN. WELL only if you win!:) I'm betting we will. We'll pull the UFOs out of Area 51 and start kicking serious ass:) JK or am I?

Jet

Last edited:
"Bush is hellbent on global domination and securing of the world's oil reserves. I hope he succeeds!!!"

Are you serious? Do you wish for the US to dominate the world, all for the cause of oil? If you are and there are others like you, this is going to get scary:(

Those with ENERGY and OIL are the ones that will have the POWER in the future. Those without the ENERGY and OIL will be the ones with ECONOMIC depressions and their ways of life will decay.

I want to keep my way of living. I'm selfish.

I think we should also develop alternatives at the same time, but I think it's too late. We should have spent the $200 Billion on IRAQ on alternatives. We should have been developing alternatives since the U.S. hit their Peak Oil in 1970. I think it's too late for alternatives in the short run. In the long run they'll be great, but for now I'm starting to think we need to go get the stuff.

DOMINATION, DOMINATION, DOMINATION!!! LOL JK

Jet

Ladies and Gentelemen, the President of the US:

Bush:"Fellow americans, today I have ordered our armed forces to attack the OPEC oil producing countries. I have sent our men and woman into these countires, with God on our side, because I believe, that we as a nation have the right to consume the most amount of oil. I believe, that we have the God given right to drive fuel guzzling Hummers,Suburbans and monster trucks. I have looked at our oil policy, as has Cheney and Rummy, and we find it to be just, fair and on target.

Certainly, many in our armed forces will pay the ultimate price, but I believe, that this nation should commit itself to stand fast, whatever the cost in human lives, to assure our continued massive consumption of oil.

As you drive your fuel guzzler to the kids baseball game, realize, that this freedom was willingly given to you, by the men and women in our armed forces, so drive fast, run the A/C on high and squeal your tires at every stop sign."

LOLOL it sounds crazy, but I have come to the realization that this IS THE WAY OUR LEADERS plan on dealing with Peak Oil.

We'll also gassify coal and use the Oil-Shale from the Rockies, and use natural gas, but it is in decline in the U.S. These and several other things will bridge us into the next energy economy where one day we'll all be driving hydrogen vehicles in 20 years powered with Hydrogen made from Nuclear plants.

Poor Canada doesn't have a chance! That oil is ours:)

Jet

p.s. gotta go to work and can't post for 2 days. Good luck to us, and EVERYONE EDUCATE THEMSELVES ON PEAK OIL! Yes your life does depend on it!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back