• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why? That seems like a huge waste of money for training.

Here at CAL, a good friend of mine started in '05 on the 737. Flew it for 3 months then went to the 757/767. Flew it for several months and is now on the 777. No seat lock as long as you are "moving up". That means he might hold 737 CA on the August bid and be released from his 777 lock due to "moving up" and be sent to training for the 4th time in 2 years. I did 2 training cycles my first year as well but am content to stay on this aircraft for a while.

IAHERJ

We used to have 1 year seat holds, so every year you could switch to a new aircraft. That was great for us, but bad for the company, and of course they got that changed to a two year seat hold in this last concession. I think they wanted a 3 year hold.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the short answer is they need you to fly the 88 for a couple of months before you move up to the 767. Add to that, training has to happen in seniority order. So if a bid closes today and a new hire got the 767, he/she may not go to training for up to six or seven months while waiting for all those senior to get in training. Should Delta have the new hire sitting around doing nothing for those six months?

Would a 767ER INTL pilot also be required to fly the 757? Or is that requirement only for Domestic 767/757?

What is the timeline for having the newhire 767 syllabus ready?

Would a 767ER INTL pilot also be required to fly the 757? Or is that requirement only for Domestic 767/757?

What is the timeline for having the newhire 767 syllabus ready?

THE "ER" or INTL category flies both. Even the JFK guys occasionally fly the 757, right now on Aruba turns from JFK. When we start getting the 757-200ERs from AA (ex TWA birds) in July, they may start flying to Western Europe from JFK. The ATL ER guys fly the 757 a lot, especially to South American hotspots like Bogota, Quito, Guayaquil, San Jose (Costa Rica), Guatemala City, St Martean, etc. The domestic guys do fly a few INTL cities with the 757 also--like Mexico City. You get a common type rating on both.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How about an LA base? I hear that Delta may place soon-to-be announced 787s out of sunny but super-expensive LA... :)

Of the ten new hires in the feb 5th class, 5 88's atl, 4 88's nyc, 1 73N nyc. After the bid in late feb- 2 got 76/75 atl, 2 got 76ER NYC and the 2 left on the 88 in NYC got ATL on the 88.

So getting SLC is going to take a while. Are we talking months or years? Also, how many have been hired this year so far?

Latest resources

Back