• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Memo looking at planning for new narrowbody aircraft for MAINLINE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe Mr. Anderson also once said he was "NOT" here to merge with Northwest. I dont believe anything management has to say.

Yeah, replacing older planes with newer ones is a JOKE. And, only RJ pilots will get to fly them. Yeah, that's the ticket......

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee, I got a company memo from my airline's CEO announcing that they had solved the staffing shortages by recalling all furloughs and hiring 72 more pilots.

The next memo I got was an offer for 200% premium pay to pick up a bunch of open time that was otherwise not going to be covered.

In the following weeks, I continued to watch staffing issues affect the airline's schedule.

That's a great story. Care to tell it again?

Yeah, you DAL guys are partners with management...that's why they bring you in the loop with stuff like this.

LMAO!

Yeah, you DAL guys are partners with management...that's why they bring you in the loop with stuff like this.

LMAO!

I think it was a memo to all employees. Then the press picked it up. Go look on Yahoo Business. You sound paranoid, and you also don't want to admit that the General was correct. Your opinions so far haven't been close. Just sayin........

The environment for paying a captain $157 per hour to fly to places ATRs used to go is not very ripe.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see DAL throw a few 100 seaters to mainline, but anything smaller is going to stay with connection. The other thing mainline is looking at is how much cheaper the regionals are than what they were. Regionals have come off their 6 or 8% profit margins, and some are even doing "at risk" flying now. This environment gives mainline a chance to fly connection feed for peanuts. Mainline is cheaper than they used to be, but regionals are super dirt cheap now. Why would mgmt. ignore that factor?

-I would expect that whenever DAL gets a new pilot contract, the captain of the smallest aircraft will top out near $200 per hour. Add enhanced retirement, and all sorts of other goodies, and then the regionals will really be a steal. I just can't see DAL agreeing to fly 100 seaters to DHN and MGM while paying some guy around $200 per hour, when they could contract it out at half the cost (or less) that they used to. Do the math on that.

SWA flies to cities that ATR's use to fly and at twice that rate. Everyone seems to think they are doing alright.

Good grief people.

Negotiation time.

Pilot's contract is up in 2012. That article talks about aircraft to start in the 2013 time frame.

Management playbook 101: dangle the idea of "growth aircraft" in front of the group.

Boggles the mind how blind some are and continue to be. Wake up folks, you are about to get "owned" once again.

Good grief people.

Negotiation time.

Pilot's contract is up in 2012. That article talks about aircraft to start in the 2013 time frame.

Management playbook 101: dangle the idea of "growth aircraft" in front of the group.

Boggles the mind how blind some are and continue to be. Wake up folks, you are about to get "owned" once again.

Hello? The planes are old. DL has old planes. And, these planes are NOT for growth purposes, but rather REPLACEMENT. You made the same dumb argument on the Majors board. Call their bluff (management), and go for pay and scope. They will still have to replace the planes. Get it? This is a very easy concept. Replacement is different than growth plans. The potential order is to replace DC9-50s, older A320s, and some 757s. Re-read the article please. You just got "owned" yourself.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You made the same dumb argument on the Majors board. Call their bluff (management), and go for pay and scope.

And you made the same dumb response on the majors board.

The fact that you can't even envision that this could be management negotiation tactics 101 speaks volumes to how management has gotten what they have.

Gonna be first in line to give up scope for pay aren't you general.

Latest resources

Back