• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Memo looking at planning for new narrowbody aircraft for MAINLINE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Adding first class seats? The last couple times I have been on the A319 there were now 12 seats in first. There had been 16. When did 12 become greater than 16?

General Lee, I got a company memo from my airline's CEO announcing that they had solved the staffing shortages by recalling all furloughs and hiring 72 more pilots.

The next memo I got was an offer for 200% premium pay to pick up a bunch of open time that was otherwise not going to be covered.

In the following weeks, I continued to watch staffing issues affect the airline's schedule.

Wait, didn't Box Office say DL was going to turn into an INTL only airline, with Comair or ASA flying all of the doemstic planes? It says here that Delta is looking at up to 400 new planes for DOMESTIC flying, and that doesn't count the relatively new planes we have received lately, like 737NGs. Oh well, what does she know anyway? She works for CHQ.

Bye Bye---General Lee

All the same, I'd MUUUUCH rather spend a four day with Box Office than with the General. She was never with CHQ, doesn't have 14 THOUSAND posts on FI, and if the stories are true, knew how to have fun on an airline trip.

bye bye.

Joshua Freed, AP Airlines Writer, On Thursday January 13, 2011, 7:48 pm EST

Delta Air Lines Inc. is considering an order for as many as 200 jets -- possibly with options for 200 more -- to replace the aging fleet it uses for domestic flying.

Delta said it asked "several major aircraft manufacturers" for proposals for firm orders for 100 to 200 planes, with options for 200 more, with deliveries to begin in early 2013. No decisions about an order have been made yet, said Nat Pieper, Delta's vice president for fleet strategy and transactions. The request went to manufacturers in late December.
The new planes would replace Delta workhorses such as the DC-9-50s and Airbus A320s that it got when it bought Northwest Airlines in 2008, as well as Boeing 757-200s, which both airlines have operated.

CEO Richard Anderson said in a message to employees that Delta pilots will fly the new planes, not feeder carriers. Delta has shifted flying away from feeder carriers, and has gotten rid of more than 70 of its 50-seat regional jets and 25 Saab 340 turboprops. A jet order will give Delta the size of planes it needs "to be able to replace retiring airplanes and have modest growth when the economy and fuel prices support it," Anderson said.

He said Delta is looking for small, medium, and large planes in the "narrowbody" category, meaning planes with a single aisle for passengers.

Boeing Co. and Airbus, a unit of EADS, are the main manufacturers who could meet such an order, although Chinese and Brazilian manufacturers also plan new planes of the size Delta is looking for.

Bye Bye--General Lee

All the same, I'd MUUUUCH rather spend a four day with Box Office than with the General. She was never with CHQ, doesn't have 14 THOUSAND posts on FI, and if the stories are true, knew how to have fun on an airline trip.

bye bye.

Wow, that is fantastic. I love the "and if the stories are true" part of your post.... Do tell........??

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back