Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Virgin America Feeder

JECKEL said:
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ... and if DAL strikes then that's what they gotta do and I respect that.

Keep in mind, however, that if they strike and DAL goes they way of the wind, which they probably deserve, then COMAIR and all it's pilots, flight attendants and employees will also be the way of the Dodo. And I would also bet that Skywest would find little use for ASA (who they gonna connect now?) ASA and all it's pilots, flight attendants and employees would find their futures full of fluid as they begin their walk to the unemployment line.

All DAL feeders would suffer greatly but probably at the expense of a new healthy industry.

Best of luck to all.

Branson and Company have already eye-balled ASA and SkyWest. They have plenty of connections.

Chronic Jetlag said:
Funny how the Delta boys want the support of their fellow peers. I've got lots of buddies at Delta and I wish them the best; but with that being said, they really shouldn't be turning down their fellow ALPA members for the jumpseat.

Care to list any of those supposed examples of people being denied a J/S at Delta Skippy??? Perhaps it was full, but I HIGHLY doubt any of us here have denied Jumpseats.

Bill

whymeworry? said:
NW pilots, take note of DAL's actions! Step up to the plate and fight for the profession.

The line has been drawn for us. NEWCO is a DOA deal, yet management refuses to budge off it. They know that they're going to do another MDA type deal so Gary Wilson can squeeze what little equity is left out of NWA.

We know thats what they intend to do. They know that we know.

What I don't understand is why we are even negotiating right now. Either the NEWCO issue is settled, or all bets are off.

I see a NWA strike in the future.

Nu

I see everyone who works for another carrier or feeder saying... Strike now and give em hell... I wonder why that is. So lets see 6000 at Delta 5000 at the feeders... give or take. I know airtran, CAL, JetBlue, etc. will pick up a couple but honestly. Home Depot will require a type rating and a letter or rec. The only job to get will be the eviction guy in Peachtree City.
That being said... Give em hell. Raise the bar... And I can't believe I will beat the General to this again... Your contract is not a GRAB BAG!

I'm calling "BS" on this whole thing!

DL pilots, along with eveyone else are just self serving hypocrites (myself included). They sat on the sidelines for the CAL '83, and bigtime on the sidelines for the '89 EAL. Oh sure, walk the picket line in ATL, (you know) right after I fly my extra section to MIA kind of thing.

This is Profession is in "Freefall", and every pilot is trying to save his/her neck. DL pilots sitting at their kitchen table looking at the bills, looking at the kids college tuition will say, "hell I hate this, but I can live on $123/hr". Let the next airline pilot group fight for the industry.

Management knows this, the Judge knows this, the Banks know this.

"Give me a break" There will be NO strike... (See UA, US, CO, Hawaiian, etc.)

I feel for all those involved and their families. Unfortunately, no good ever comes out of an unfair fight when you're on teh wrong side. Tailwinds...

Latest resources

Back