• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta MD88 ground evac today in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are probably right, but it seems like the last time I bought a ticket on Delta I ended up on some sort of RJ anyway. It was painted like a Delta jet, so I assume they represent Delta.

They represent the Delta brand, and that's it!

You can easily see when you book online if you're on a connection carrier or not. Depending upon what market you live it, it's relatively easy to book around the RJ's. And hopefully it will get easier as more are taken out of service.

I think they lack a professional mentality. It seems like 10 years ago, they were a fine group. But now, they always seem to be missing the attention to detail that would break error chains that they build for themselves. I'm not sure I'm 100% confident with my family in the back of one of their jets as their pilots are consumed on their laptops trying to eke out an extra dollar or two on Deltas scheduling system, that they'll be focused enough to line up on a runway vs. a taxiway.

Someone married you? Wow!

They represent the Delta brand, and that's it!

You can easily see when you book online if you're on a connection carrier or not. Depending upon what market you live it, it's relatively easy to book around the RJ's. And hopefully it will get easier as more are taken out of service.

Delta.com. What's the difference in pilots? I figure a RJ capt makes pretty much what a Delta guy makes (after they gave their pay away).

Besides, how much worse can these RJ guys be? As long as they land on a runway, I'm sure Delta would be proud to have them display the Delta logo.

And I got a news flash for you guys. When a average customer flys an RJ that is painted up in Delta, UAL, ect colors, they think that's the airline that they are on. If you ask someone flying on Midwest now what airline they are on, they'll say "Midwest." They have never heard of Republic.

Wow. All I can say is, I've jumpseated in DL cockpits and am impressed with the quality of their operation. In fact I've used their procedures as suggestions to my own (AA) flight department in improving our operation.

Bottom line, I would put my family in the back of a Delta jet an day. Sure they've screwed up here and there but who hasn't?

Sounds like they did something to tick you off.

Only thing they've done to tick me off is to roll over and take it in the can on pay concessions. I want a good paying job when I leave the military. Delta seems to be one of the leaders to the bottom. That's why I'm not sure why any Delta guy would give an RJ guy a hard time. Both are willing to work for nothing.

This message is hidden because Tanker Clown is on your ignore list.

Only thing they've done to tick me off is to roll over and take it in the can on pay concessions. I want a good paying job when I leave the military. Delta seems to be one of the leaders to the bottom. That's why I'm not sure why any Delta guy would give an RJ guy a hard time. Both are willing to work for nothing.

Just for poops and giggles- can you name a legacy/top end carrier that didn't take paycuts over the last decade?

UPS and FDX didn't, and WN didn't... but you jump all over the WN guys in a similar manner to the DL guys.

Wait a second Tanker, why do you presume DL took the worst concessions? Last I checked, CAL and UAL have WAAAY worse contracts than DL. In fact I'd say that - SADLY ENOUGH - DL and AMR have one of the better contracts as far as legacies go.

Seriously??

Why is anyone even debating with this waste of a good skin graft named Tanker??

He hasn't had a rational thing to say on this board yet, so why should he start?

Latest resources

Back