Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta management buying Ritz condos while Delta pilots reduce profit sharing %????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Delta neighbor of mine forwarded this to me. She found it on Facebook apparently. Quite hypocritical if you ask me. Will Delta's management take a similar decrease in their profit sharing percentage???? Or will their bonuses increase as pilot profit sharing goes down?

http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/2...ent-buys-ritz-carlton-condo-in-riviera-beach/

I agree that this TA sounds more negative than positive for the pilots. My neighbor intends to vote no.

I'm not coming at you, but last time I checked we lived in a country where every single one of the pilots had or have the opportunity at some point to strive and become what's necessary to have his job. I look at it as good for him that he is in a position to buy something like that. It is the equivalent of me saying that the pilots are making too much money because ticket prices are expensive.

I'm not coming at you, but last time I checked we lived in a country where every single one of the pilots had or have the opportunity at some point to strive and become what's necessary to have his job. I look at it as good for him that he is in a position to buy something like that. It is the equivalent of me saying that the pilots are making too much money because ticket prices are expensive.

Of course good for him. Bravo! That's not the point. It is hypocritical to ask others to take profit sharing reductions that stock analysts applaud while buying super-expensive condos in Miami based on your super-lucrative bonus/profit-sharing package. Will management take profit sharing cuts too? That is my opinion, but it is shared by many others. Delta is doing extremely well financially.

By the way, the 60 airplane carrot that is offered is a joke. Delta will need the airplanes to hit their future growth targets. Everybody knows that.

Of course good for him. Bravo! That's not the point. It is hypocritical to ask others to take profit sharing reductions that stock analysts applaud while buying super-expensive condos in Miami based on your super-lucrative bonus/profit-sharing package. Will management take profit sharing cuts too? That is my opinion, but it is shared by many others. Delta is doing extremely well financially.

By the way, the 60 airplane carrot that is offered is a joke. Delta will need the airplanes to hit their future growth targets. Everybody knows that.

Yes, Delta is doing extremely well and the majority of the sucess is on his shoulders.

An issue of ATW had an article about ?Airline Management a dying breed?, the article basically said no one wants to do it. The good track record CEO?s are going to other industries. With tremendous, payrolls, overhead burdens, and extremely low margins, there is no tried and true path to success. Most have tried to increase market share, but this has lead to low price and ridiculous breakeven load factors in 95% range. What is management supposed to do? Eliminating management will bring the end quicker for the airplane industry, and their salaries are insignificant to the airlines operating costs. Without management you could not operate the airline, The FAA would shut it down without approved Part 119 key management. Would the pilots step up and become management for free in their spare time? Why is every time, pilot salaries come up, they are immediately compared to top management. I saw an article that stated at DAL there were 17 members of top management made more than the top DAL Captain. The combined top 17 salaries equaled less than 1/6 of 1% of the combined pilot salaries. If management worked for free all pilots in the company would get a 1/10 of 1% raise. (for a $100K per year pilot that would be $3/wk increase in take home) Boy that raise would really make the pilot group happy.

Why are you surprised? Disney was in the news a couple of days ago, because they wanted to outsource some of their (TV?) staff to Indians with H1B visas. This is corporate America!

Yep. A lot easier to fly the airplanes then the guy at the top trying to manage them. This guy and other senior management earn their keep.

Really .. It's not easy to "run "a company.. But they are Way overpaying these guys .. and they can pick up and leave to another job when they do a ********************ty job .. You and I not so much .. And we have people's lives in our hands .. Just saying

Really .. It's not easy to "run "a company.. But they are Way overpaying these guys .. and they can pick up and leave to another job when they do a ********************ty job .. You and I not so much .. And we have people's lives in our hands .. Just saying
You mean the 17 people who make more than the highest paid Captain?

Latest resources

Back