• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta looking at 24-30 more narrowbody orders? Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe I read some blurb that claimed they will stay until 2018-20. When the Asians start parking them (and Singapore, and JAL have) then you know their days are numbered.

I'm surprised we still fly both 737's and A320's. I can't see Tech Ops liking two different fleet types for the same mission. We're likely to pick one or the other going forward (and it looks like it's the 737.)

Hey guys,

Look at the timing on this. What else is big in our world in 3 years? Right, contract negotiations.

The 717 deal worked great for more 76 seaters, is this the way they get a few more out of us?

Hey guys,

Look at the timing on this. What else is big in our world in 3 years? Right, contract negotiations.

The 717 deal worked great for more 76 seaters, is this the way they get a few more out of us?

No, not at all. I have it on good authority that Delta pilots won't sell out one more bit of scope on 76 seaters this time.

Hey guys,

You are ONLY looking at the 70 76 seaters, and forgetting about the 200 plus 50 seaters that by contract have to be GONE. So, lower number of TOTAL RJs. Then the remaining 70 and 76 seaters will have to cover the city pairs the outgoing 50 seaters were serving. That is good for everyone, more seats and maybe more profits on those routes during high oil. Then remember that those 88 717s will fill in for the 76 seaters, on routes that used to be mainline and SHOULD be mainline, maybe some like DTW to IAH or DFW. That is GOOD. DL pilots recaptured a lot of old mainline routes with this contract, and put larger RJs on routes that 50s do now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
No, not at all. I have it on good authority that Delta pilots won't sell out one more bit of scope on 76 seaters this time.

Unless it reduces overall RJ numbers and finally takes back a huge amount of current Surge 9 RJ routes....

Bye Bye---General Lee

So if the company says they will buy 40 used 737s, how many more 76 seaters will you give them GL? They got 70 more for 88 717s.

And yes. I agree the 50s going was in our favor, however I still think my no vote was the right decision for me. I would like to fight for 76 seaters to fly at mainline. No legacy is doing it, but it's got to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back