• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lenders support US Air offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since when does creditors, CEOs, and the guys making decisions really care about what the union wants or doesn't want. They will worry about that later...once it's done.

Bethune worried enough about what the unions thought that he stopped a merger with Delta in the late 90s. Having said that, Parker is no Bethune and probably doesn't give a rats ass about what's best for USAir or Delta employees.

When did Pan Am/National take place? I think these examples are obscure at best, and probably not applicable to today's environment.

Take a look the the Atlas/Polar seniority integration. This just finished the integration arbitration. The Polar furloughees were placed on the combined list by date of hire. The Polar pilots were represented by none other that Dan Katz... US Airways pilots lawyer....

The that that bothers me here is pilots crapping on other pilots. Are we really that stupid?

ALPA pilots have been crapping on each other for decades. "My airline is better than your airline" has been the mantra for a long time.

Are we (US&AWA) some form of lower life because we did not apply to DAL?

To many at DAL, AA, UAL, USAir the answer is a resounding YES!.

We are all airline pilots that fly our aircraft from place to place according to our SOP's and FAR's. Our union, ALPA has a policy in place that sets the rules for merger integration. We can bitch on weboard's all we want, but we don't control the price of tea in China. What we can do is be professional when dealing with each other and provide a united front to those that would take advantage of us for their own profit. If this deal were to go through, I look forward to flying with the pilots of DAL, just as I do AAA.

You clearly haven't been in this business long enough to have experienced that when a Legacy pilot group was riding high, they didn't hesitate to look down their noses at the likes of AWA people, among others. You never got "if you COULD have gotten on at Delta, why would you be working at AWA?" Or when they pass on a van ride to the layover because your crew was on board already. Hummm, must have picked up a case of leprosy on the last leg. :rolleyes:

AWA is the bastard stepchild in this deal and you'll do well to not forget that for an instant. Good luck to all my AWA friends. TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back