Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headfake14

646 3A
Hey guys, saw on the regional board discussion about charging for the jumpseat and that this may be a computer glitch.

What do you Delta guys know?

Thanks for the rides every between ATL - JFK by the way.

Hey guys, saw on the regional board discussion about charging for the jumpseat and that this may be a computer glitch.

What do you Delta guys know?

Thanks for the rides every between ATL - JFK by the way.

I haven't heard anything about that, and I saw 4 jumpseaters of different airlines going on an ATL--JFK flight the other day. That doesn't sound right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There's a rumor floating around ASA that Delta/ASA is going to charge us to jumpseat since we are going to be charged on a per leg basis to non-rev. Many commuters figured to get around this by jumpseating instead, but said rumor is out there as a way for the company to make another buck off the employees.

Trust me..

It would not be a good idea to charge anyone for any jumpseat. That is a courtesy of this profession. It is valuable to commuters and everyone else from time to time. I think something like this would go south in a hurry if implemented.

-Hopefully these numbnuts will excercise better sense!

It is sad that if true, all mgmt wants is to create even more of a rift between ALL groups. This would un-doubtedly turn into a j/s war by the less mature minded pilots. Lets hope that it does not come to that for anyone. (except GoJets);)

It would not be a good idea to charge anyone for any jumpseat. That is a courtesy of this profession. It is valuable to commuters and everyone else from time to time. I think something like this would go south in a hurry if implemented.

-Hopefully these numbnuts will excercise better sense!

I don't think it is true, since in BK we finally got unlimited jumpseats for everyone in CASS, plus allowing us to sit on the flight attendant jumpseat, and allowing us to miss a trip if we were on the jumpseat and the flight cancelled. I haven't seen anything about this, and I think everyone here would be pizzed. I don't think it is true. I would like to see it in writing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PS--Airtran supposedly charges for the 2nd jumpseat.

General,

I think it was more of a worry about a software glitch that would kick a ASA pilot out of the CASS jumpseat listing and into the NRSA pool if there were seats available. Both run off of our employee/PPR numbers I believe. Not to mention, a gate agent could really cause havoc if they wanted to for the employee.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow when the first commuter heads to work.

I don't think it is true, since in BK we finally got unlimited jumpseats for everyone in CASS, plus allowing us to sit on the flight attendant jumpseat, and allowing us to miss a trip if we were on the jumpseat and the flight cancelled. I haven't seen anything about this, and I think everyone here would be pizzed. I don't think it is true. I would like to see it in writing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OBTW - Thanks!!! You guys have made life much easier since this went into effect.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, this problem is very real. This exact situation came up in Dallas-FortWorth when my FO was trying to commute to Atlanta on Dec 1st. She wasn't sure if the travel changes went into effect on the 1st or the 4th so she tried to list for the jumpseat instead of non-rev. The Delta agent denied her the jumpseat even though there were about 90 seats open. He explained to her that ASA pilots are no longer allowed to jumpseat if there is already one jumpseater listed, no matter how many seats are open in the cabin.
(In this situation) ASA pilots will be required to use the travel benefits and sit in the cabin. However Delta will still welcome as many off line jumpseaters as they can accomodate free of charge!!

Not true....

A rumor started by some P/o'd S3c people now.....

Jumpseat is unlimited and will not be charged, confirmed today by a call to Flight Ops....

Besides, they are too busy buying RJ's to bother themselves with Jumpseat issues....

Latest resources

Back