• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta JFK 8/14/10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am surprised to took this long to make it on here. Old news.

Apparently not that old as many dl pilots were surprised to see it for the first time today. Interested to find out what happened to learn from it. Good thing no one was hurt.

Hilarious.

Oh yeah .... Thank goodness nobody was hurt. Thank goodness it didn't happen to me.

:)

chief pilots office carpet => meets Irish Jig

Fortunately, that is one of the few situations that ALPA can still be useful to Joe line pilot. Saving his job after he just cost the company $1,000,000.00 in profit for a canceled whale flight with 500 premium paying pax going half way around the world.

Not to mention the damage to the aircraft.

so what was supposed to really happen? does the 747 get tugged to the gate normally? was this a revenue flight with pax or was the 747 comming from the hangar with MX guys at the controls?

It is a tow in gate.

That video is from a copyrighted gate camera. I doubt it will be up long.

A copyrighted cock-up. What I don't understand is how the airplane hits the tug once, knocks it out of the park then keeps going. Finally, about the third hit they decide to stop. At first it seemed like maybe a hydraulic problem, but that's not the case. Then again, without comms they probably thought it was another zany tug driver with no skills.

Last edited:
A copyrighted cock-up. What I don't understand is how the airplane hits the tug once, knocks it out of the park then keeps going. Finally, about the third hit they decide to stop. At first it seemed like maybe a hydraulic problem, but that's not the case..

Judging from the vid, it looks as though the nut behind the wheel malfunctioned.

It is a tow in gate.

That video is from a copyrighted gate camera. I doubt it will be up long.

how did it get on YT anyway?

I noticed it was removed as well. seems like something like thatwould leave a clear digital trial and whoever posted it would get fired, no?

Latest resources

Back