• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are reading way too much into this question. They just want to make sure you draw out your holding pattern correctly. If you are outbound on the 090 radial, that means the Head of the bearing pointer will be on 270. You are "on" the radial. The drift could be 30 degrees, but you are still "on" the radial and the head of the BP will point at the station "right before you turn inbound." It didn't ask what it will be as you are turning inbound or when you finish the outbound turn. It is asking for it "before" you turn inbound. Maybe my simplified military brain is missing something!

Don't get too wrapped around the axle about it. Thankfully, they are multiple choice questions.

On a different note....Anyone have an interview on 5 Sep? If so, PM me and maybe we can compare notes the night prior.

I just reread my post and realized I pretty much stuck my foot in my mouth and was way off base! I'd blame it on too much drinking but I was quite sober (just a little tired when I wrote it)

I agree w/ El Duque on his previous post. I also think the multiple choice questions should make the answer quite obvious..

Mods...any way to delete my prior post so I can save face!!:0

Radial question

Lots of the answers are incorrect. Has anyone figured out the answer to the one about the bearing pointer going from 5 degrees in front of the wing to 5 degrees behind the wing in 8 minutes? The gouge said there was no answer more than 64 miles, and I think it should be lots more than 64 miles. I copied the gouge stuff into Word and then deleted all the answers. I then went through and figured out what I think are the correct answers. It doesn't look all that tough, but if you go off the gouge answers, you will mess some of them up. Study the topic and know the material and you will feel much more prepared.

360 kts--assume 6 miles per minute, I guess

your traverse 10 radials in 8 minutes--you've travled 48 miles, so 4.8 miles between radials...
At 60 miles each radial equals 1 mile, assuming you're flying an arc
so X over 4.8 = 60 over 1....right???
You're 288 miles away.....which is ironic because you wouldn't be receiving a bearing pointer from that far!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back