Delta Home Basing

clippyrip

Total Time
With all the AC shifting that is coming up as well as pilot shifting and the training costs associated, it seems like Delta could save a lot of money in training if they home based the pilots.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
With all the AC shifting that is coming up as well as pilot shifting and the training costs associated, it seems like Delta could save a lot of money in training if they home based the pilots.
Maybe we could all fly to our planes via Netjet's citations? They are going for CASS you know?

Bye Bye--General Lee

fly4funcrj

Total Time
5000+
You are uneducated. Do you even know why we are going for cASS?

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
I will be very surprised to see anyone get a ride on them. It would be a daunting task to find a dead flight.

Yeah, I imagine that they are taking away your home basing too.

FBN0223

Total Time
You are uneducated. Do you even know why we are going for cASS?
Feel free to enlighten. I can't remember the last time that I saw a Citation parked at a jetway.

Last edited:

FBN0223

Total Time
My far fetched guess is to give access to the crew pass lanes expected to be introduced nationwide in the next year or two.
Do Netjet aircraft now use commercial airport terminals for their departures?

RedRum

Total Time
Enough
FYI, NWA has Roush Racing as an approved jumpseat company listed in our FOM. Any NWA pilot feeling the urge to go take a ride in one of Jack's P51s can walk right on over to Ypsilanti (YIP) and try to bum a ride.

BUT...

Had one of their pilots on the jumpseat and he said they don't give rides. Glad we can give someone a free ride though, it's not like we are in a bad economy or anything. Wonder if someone at Roush Racing has incriminating pictures or something. I can't think of any reason to have them on our approved list if they don't reciprocate.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Wonder if someone at Roush Racing has incriminating pictures or something. I can't think of any reason to have them on our approved list if they don't reciprocate.
Maybe a previous connection between Roush management and your current of past JS coordinator.

Maybe a previous marketing agreement...etc...

Usually it's something like that...

But then there's the pictures...that usually works too ;-)

clippyrip

Total Time
Talk about thread creep. This post did not receive one comment that was associated with the topic at hand. Very impressive. I admit, I'm as guilty as the next guy but this was truly monumental.