• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the delta guys on here, is it true that CS is pretty good about dropping trips? I have a business and am looking to jump ship from my current airline (awac) to another airline I can treat like a hobby, i.e. fly only one trip a month.

Ummmmm no. Anyway, did talk to a sim guy today who said they were told that we will ramp up hiring in the Spring. He didn't know the numbers, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For the delta guys on here, is it true that CS is pretty good about dropping trips? I have a business and am looking to jump ship from my current airline (awac) to another airline I can treat like a hobby, i.e. fly only one trip a month.

Hahahaha!!

So after the merger is complete is the Delta hiring team continuing to do the hiring?? If so am I now screwed for 2 legacies because of the Psychobabble dude at Delta?

From what I understand, the guys that were doing DAL's hiring up to May of this year are the same group that will be doing the hiring needed for next year.

Well, depends..
If you are number 1 currently at your airline it'll be hard to beat.

Delta is my 4th airline and is by far "side business" friendliest i.e. they don't force you to fly a lot - based on my previous experiences.

Just like almost everywhere else you can put a trip up on the swap board and maybe fellow pilots will take it. You can ask the PBS to fly minimum. The average lines have less time that at most airlines.

I bid reserve in a well staffed category and fly literally one 3-4 day trip in every six weeks - 2 months, but of course your business has to be flexible enough to handle reserve lifestyle.

Occasionally lines offered with no flying on them at all (SIL's). They pay 55 hours and have no obligation to Delta at all for the whole month. Of course you have to be somewhat senior to get them.

Latest resources

Back