• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its over, and behind up. Average age for retirement is about 62-63. Since the SLI we have lost about 300 pilots, fwiw.

All I'm saying its a big mystery to all when those FNWA guys punch out. Mgmt themselves have said they are concerned about being caught behind the curve if they all bail quickly.........as many FNWA guys swore would happen during pre-merger "discussions" on this forum.

2011 will be interesting to watch. I hope for ALL our sakes those guys had their crystal balls calibrated correctly.

Tanker Clown,"I need to call my buddy and see what the latest is."
What ever the latest is, it will be obsolete info in 10 minutes in this business!!!

Latest base meeting: No money budgeted for 2011 hiring due to training backlog. Haven't trained pilot's from past AE's. Have at least 50 'bus F/O's benched awaiting training. Earliest hiring planned for 1st quarter 2012. FWIW.

All I'm saying its a big mystery to all when those FNWA guys punch out. Mgmt themselves have said they are concerned about being caught behind the curve if they all bail quickly.........as many FNWA guys swore would happen during pre-merger "discussions" on this forum.

2011 will be interesting to watch. I hope for ALL our sakes those guys had their crystal balls calibrated correctly.
I think at the time, the reality of how radically expensive the retiree medical insurance is at DAL had not sunk-in.

The -9's are on the way out, to be replaced by RJ's..... At least one base closure, and redistributed flying will mean status quo for at least a few years at best. US airlines made money this year by flying less. go figure. How is that for a rosy picture?

Latest resources

Back