• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the latest rumors for DAL hiring in 2011? Any timeframe for interviews to resume? Thanks in advance!

I have read on a few boards that there may be some hiring in late 2011 for 2012 flying. Some people say 600 newhires, some say 300. I think a lot has to do with the forcasting of retirements, and there will be plenty eventually. I am hoping for some "good news" sometime this year. Good luck!

I am in the schoolhouse and the above post which shows a "clear as mud" plan is what I am hearing, but, lots of attrition related movement starting in the next 3-5 years...

AS above, we are in wait and see mode, but I would expect some sort of hiring unless oil skyrockets or one of the million other lurking threats to this industry.

In the merger the NW guys swore that the 60+ guys would start leaving in droves, and hence an unfair advantage to DL guys in relation to seniority integration. Those mouths are mysteriously quiet now.

We shall see.

AS above, we are in wait and see mode, but I would expect some sort of hiring unless oil skyrockets or one of the million other lurking threats to this industry.

In the merger the NW guys swore that the 60+ guys would start leaving in droves, and hence an unfair advantage to DL guys in relation to seniority integration. Those mouths are mysteriously quiet now.

We shall see.

Its over, and behind up. Average age for retirement is about 62-63. Since the SLI we have lost about 300 pilots, fwiw.

I Song going to hire? They look like they have WAY more potential for upside!

TC,
The thing that makes me smile the most is knowing that it's only SWA for you and you'll be tail end charlie to SWA and AAI seniority lists, and if your already over 40 (since you claim to be AF retiree) you'll probably never make captain. Really, you should look at LCC, they will have much better movement for you to use those KC IP skills.

I'm not retired yet dude. Soon though. Then I'll probably go with SWA. But it's going to be total BS if I have to go behind an Air Tran guy. It's not like they are SWA (or AF) quality pilots there. If they were, they'd be somewhere other than Air Tran. They make crap money (like Delta guys), so it would BS if I were junior to those guys.

As far as never upgrading, that may be correct. I need to call my buddy and see what the latest is.

I'm not retired yet dude. Soon though. Then I'll probably go with SWA. But it's going to be total BS if I have to go behind an Air Tran guy. It's not like they are SWA (or AF) quality pilots there. If they were, they'd be somewhere other than Air Tran. They make crap money (like Delta guys), so it would BS if I were junior to those guys.

As far as never upgrading, that may be correct. I need to call my buddy and see what the latest is.

However will you afford to pay for that type?
Oh, never mind, you'll just call your, ehem, buddy...................;):blush::laugh:

Latest resources

Back