Delta CVG ER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lakemead1

Just got a letter from the local boys saying that on the May AE the ER category will go away, either all at once or a little at a time. Yet another displacement. The letter said that it affects HALF the pilots in CVG

This is a surprise? There's 1 ER departure out of CVG a day....and how many 757 departures is it down to now?

This is a surprise? There's 1 ER departure out of CVG a day....and how many 757 departures is it down to now?
Your right, it's no surprise, but the letter the union sent out acted as if they had been kicked in the teeth. I wonder where the time is going to go. I thought they would be moving ER time to SEA but not until the end of the year or so. I have been displaced twice already, and don't care to be in CVG. I just hope I can keep from moving further east.

The "time" is already long gone with the metal, of course. It's just a matter of squeezing those of us left into new categories elsewhere.

Your right, it's no surprise, but the letter the union sent out acted as if they had been kicked in the teeth. I wonder where the time is going to go. I thought they would be moving ER time to SEA but not until the end of the year or so. I have been displaced twice already, and don't care to be in CVG. I just hope I can keep from moving further east.

If you are not living in CVG area, have you checked out the cheap real estate prices in the Detroit area yet? The "8-Mile" area is particularly attractive...

If you are not living in CVG area, have you checked out the cheap real estate prices in the Detroit area yet? The "8-Mile" area is particularly attractive...
I have always commuted so I guess going somewhere else will be no big deal. DTW will be about the same distance for my commute anyway. I just don't know about going to the airbus though.

My guess is they will probably by shifting the planes to SEA on the next AE

The SEA 7ER is up in the air now pending JAL deal results. Will probably grow as a A-330 base if JAL hookup happens. Even more unkowns now til JAL's decision. Heard news related to the 744 training rumor, (30 crews a month) Boeing getting 6-8 744's ready to deliver to DAL as initial 787 delay penalty payment. All new seats/TV's etc..in the fleet being paid by Boeing. Hope it is true.....

Anyone heard any rumors about 88's going to MEM? I heard it a few months back and can only hope that it has a chance of being true. Be nice since I'm looking to get kicked out of CVG soon :erm:.

Very strong rumors of 7ER in SEA and 330 in ATL in the next AE. Haven't heard anything else.

Delta to shuffle some international flying
Delta may close pilot crew base in Cincinnati serving Paris route, shuffle flying

By Harry R. Weber, AP Airlines Writer , On Wednesday February 3, 2010, 7:08 pm
ATLANTA (AP) -- Delta Air Lines is expected to move more aircraft to the Pacific Northwest to handle service to Asia as it continues to shuffle the departure points for its international flying to adjust to shifting demand.

The world's biggest airline told pilots last week that its Boeing 767ER crew base at the Cincinnati airport will likely close sometime in 2010, barring a change in network strategy.

A company memo and a memo from union representatives to members does not make clear how that might affect Delta's service from that airport to Paris, the only international destination outside of North America that Delta currently serves nonstop from Cincinnati.

A spokeswoman said the Paris service from Cincinnati will continue, possibly by bringing crews from other bases to fly the route.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back