• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta CVG Concouse C closing....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought CVG was a big money maker for Delta, is that not correct?

I thought CVG was a big money maker for Delta, is that not correct?

It has the highest yields compared to any other base. That is probably because Procter and Gamble has a huge contract with us, and fares are high. But, I think we are down to 55 or so mainline flights a day, which is a pity. I see it as a smaller base with a few transcons and maybe a CDG or AMS flight eventually(as compared to the current LGW, CDG, and FRA flights with AMS/FCO flights in the Summer). I would bet most of the RJ flights would be moved to DTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DTW is saturated with rjs now. I agree with your other opinions, just not the shifting of rjs to DTW. If anything I think we will see a large reduction of 50 seat rjs with some backfill up to the scope limits on the 76 seaters.

It has the highest yields compared to any other base. That is probably because Procter and Gamble has a huge contract with us, and fares are high. But, I think we are down to 55 or so mainline flights a day, which is a pity. I see it as a smaller base with a few transcons and maybe a CDG or AMS flight eventually(as compared to the current LGW, CDG, and FRA flights with AMS/FCO flights in the Summer). I would bet most of the RJ flights would be moved to DTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heard , second hand, that SB at Comair said that the company had just purchased $6 million in new buses and TSA approved routes so that Concourse A and B could be bypassed and passengers could go straight to "C" from Terminal 3. I think this was around the late July time frame.

DB at DCI told Comair that the lost money was negligible in the greater scheme which is to be the future.

The lost money on the buses and all the money fronted to FSI for the 70/90 training, which will now be lost on unused sim time, will just have to sucked up by Comair.

Latest resources

Back