Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

From the Delta quarterly report:

Comparing the first quarter (March) 2004 to the latest second quarter (June) 2005, the number of DAL employees has fallen by 6.6% from 69,900 to 64,165. Over the same period, gross revenue increased 18.7% from $3.529 billion to $4.190 billion; revenue per employee increased 27% from $50,486 to $64,165; total labor costs decreased 19.3% from $1.609 billion to $1.298 billion; and labor cost per employee decreased 13.7% from $23,018 to $ 19,877.

DAL labor cost per employee is now 7% below that of Southwest. In March 2004, DAL labor cost per employee was 23% above Southwest.

It is time to increase revenue and for management to getting working on a viable plan. We just brought in some guy who increased revenue at Alitalia (ex CAL also), so maybe that will work......?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
. . .<snip>. . .We just brought in some guy who increased revenue at Alitalia (ex CAL also), so maybe that will work......?

Bye Bye--General Lee
Did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express?? . . . :rolleyes:

Dizel8 said:
Alitalia, that broke EU airline? :)

It was broke, and then he fixed it. He also engineered CAL's rise in revenues before that. I guess he just fell in love with an Italian girl and went to Alitalia. Then, he must have dumped her and needed a challenge, so he came to DL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It is still broke, just not as bad. Sort of like a "little pregnant"!

Dizel8 said:
It is still broke, just not as bad. Sort of like a "little pregnant"!

I think the majority of us working within the DL corporate structure will take "just not as bad" at this point. The sky sure seems to be falling with these freaking oil prices.

Really should've gone to med school and bought a Bonanza.

KAK

Gas is three times as expensive in Europe, but they seem to be doing ok. It is all about trying to pass the extra cost onto the customer, and sometimes that doesn't work. When you have desperate airlines out there charging super low fares to fill their planes, then everyone has to match. A friend told me that he was looking to go from CLT to IAD on Indy Air. They have a few RJs and one A319 a day from CLT, and the fares varied by the size of the aircraft. The A319 fare was $58 one way, while the other RJ legs were $108. They were trying to fill the A319, and when my friend looked for seats he saw that only 24 were taken on the A319--total. (tomorrow's flight---THURS) Desperate fare decreases hurt us all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back