• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta cost per employee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have these gains in cost per employee been reflected in the bottom line, i.e. a profit? Also, how likely is a bankruptcy filing and another round of concessions at Delta in light of the cost per employee reduction?

I do wish all Delta employees well but it looks like it's still a tough road ahead.

outtahere said:
You know now that we are owned by Skywest I no longer have to worry about this crap. Bankruptcy no longer effects us ASA pilots. We have guarnteed flying and boy that feels nice.

According to SEC filings SkyWest management feels a bit differently. They issued warnings on the potential effects of a DAL bankruptcy. You are somewhat shielded though because ASA pilots could be used to feed airlines other than DAL. Plus you'll end up with better management thanks to your new corporate parent.

Flyboeingjets,

Thanks for bringing up the same article that was in another thread. Your point? My point with the quarterly report stats was to show that our labor costs have gone down this year compared to last year. I was showing that now managmenet has to come up with a viable plan. Your analysts in your article really KNOW NOTHING of what actually is going on in the boardroom. I think there is a good chance we go to court, but we all do not know the outcome. As far as number of pilots per airplane, that has gone down tremendously---since 2200 Captains have retired in one year--and we really haven't parked very many planes as of late--a few 762s, maybe some 732s and 5 733s. Our last major parking was the 14 MD11s and that was just before the US led Iraq invasion. Delta also has side businesses with many employees--like Delta technology and that may have included ASA and Comair since we just sold ASA and that was the June 2005 quarterly report. So, you can subtract a few more thousand employees from ASA.

Ottahere,

Well, your new company has an agreement with us for another 15 years, and assuming we stay as one company, your futures are tied with us and another bankrupt company called United, in protection for three years with no plan yet. And, Delta still retains the leases on 40 of your ASA RJs, and could dump them in a Chap 11 situation. That may affect you, and you really may be outtahere.

Guitarguy,

Well, it is a start. But, when you have a lot of debt, a pension plan that is underfunded, and fuel at historically high levels, it is hard to see any progress. But, a trip to court or some pension legislation can help all but the fuel, and additional pay cuts (which are likely) can help with the fuel, unfortunately. How many airlines will be profitable during the slower third quarter with $66 a barrel oil? Not many. (I better say Southwest for Canyon Blue or he will say something.....)

Bye Bye--General Lee

outtahere said:
You know now that we are owned by Skywest I no longer have to worry about this crap. Bankruptcy no longer effects us ASA pilots.

Yeah, just like UAL's BK didn't effect the ACA pilots.

A DAL BK will have a negative effect on all pilots. The DAL pilots directly, all pilots working for small jet lift vendors, like Chq, Mesa, Skywest, CMR and ASA, as Connection contracts are rewritten and finally all other pilots who will be competing against a mega carrier like DAL, that has shed debt, reduced lease obligations and slashed pay and benefits of its employees while it operates under BK protection.

All of us have been adversely effected by the UAL and U BK, and it won't get any better with a DAL and/or possibly a NWA, CAL and AMR BK.

Yes, but ottahere thinks he's in the clear.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

outtahere said:
You know now that we are owned by Skywest I no longer have to worry about this crap. Bankruptcy no longer effects us ASA pilots. We have guarnteed flying and boy that feels nice.

You're kidding right? If you think a Delta BK won't affect the pilots of Skywest and ASA, you are fooling yourself.

On the contrary, and trust me, I do not want this but I believe Delta will be forced to release scope as they flie chapter 11 thus stregthening ASA's position. Hey I am hoping to get out of here someday, but until then I have to feed my growing family. Also if I didn't think positively I would likely go into a deep depression and as my ego shrank, my flight info posts would swell to over 5000.

outtahere said:
On the contrary, and trust me, I do not want this but I believe Delta will be forced to release scope as they flie chapter 11 thus stregthening ASA's position. Hey I am hoping to get out of here someday, but until then I have to feed my growing family. Also if I didn't think positively I would likely go into a deep depression and as my ego shrank, my flight info posts would swell to over 5000.

If you think that we have ANYTHING guaranteed after being bought by SKW you are really fooling yourself. It's entirely possible that when they are done with us that none of us will have jobs.

outtahere said:
On the contrary, and trust me, I do not want this but I believe Delta will be forced to release scope as they flie chapter 11 thus stregthening ASA's position. .

speaking only for myself, though I know everyone I talk to agrees, I would let Delta go ch7 before I voted to give another inch on scope. Without scope, the rest of the contract is worthless.

michael707767 said:
speaking only for myself, though I know everyone I talk to agrees, I would let Delta go ch7 before I voted to give another inch on scope. Without scope, the rest of the contract is worthless.

It's easy for people to talk tough now, but when it comes down to the actual vote I think the outcome will be different. We heard lots of tough talk last year, but the contract passed easily.

Even with additional paycuts, most DL pilots will still be making six figures and have decent benefits. I doubt most pilots would throw all that away over scope...especially if DL adds a few deal sweeteners in there (some shiny new 787's maybe).

If you force DL to liquidate, you won't have many better options. I guess you could go fly E190's at Jetblue for $40 an hour...of course they don't have scope either.

Latest resources

Back