• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta continues International Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So are you saying that "big-ticket" business travelers choose their airline based on the age of the flight attendants?

Abe44

No they choose it based on the quality of the service along with price, convenience, and frequent flyer mileage. The grannies sometimes have a bad attitude and that shows up in the service side.

I used to fly NWA across the Pacific quite a bit. The grannies were generally pretty good. Classy ladies who knew how to treat the customer. Not sure how Delta is in Business Class these days. Three years ago I flew them LHR-ATL in economy and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had international long haul. Bad attitude, bad service, and a cabin temperature control problem that made the cabin go from freezing to hot and back again about three times.

Typhoonpilot

A quick check of the cost of Business Class for that wonderful 60 inch pitch seat shows a round trip cost of $7987 to Dubai. Compare this to Emirates at $7228 from JFK. With Emirates you get:

1)At Emirates, we know that service on the ground can be just as important as in the air. To make your journey a relaxing experience from start to finish, we offer our First and Business Class passengers a complimentary chauffeur service. Arrange a pick-up in your arrival destination or your departure city. In addition, you can be chauffeur-driven to and from your hotel for extended layovers (where available). This service ensures the famous Emirates attention to detail begins at your doorstep.

2) 600 Channels of Audio, Video, and interactive entertainment. Including about 120 on demand movies in English all shown on a 15 inch personal monitor ( 19 inches in the new 777-300ER/ULRs )

3) In the A340-500 the Business Class seat pitch is still an industry lagging 60 inches, but in the 777-300ER/ULR non-stop service it has seats with a 72" pitch that recline to form 78" flat beds with ample room for taller passengers.

Typhoonpilot

Typhoonpilot,

If you are getting tired of the sandbox, Delta is hiring. Many are going to the INTL 767 as an FO fairly soon if you still want to fly international flights. I know the USAir arbitration thing didn't work out for you, but maybe Delta will.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but haven't we already had enough examples of major carriers that neglected their domestic feed?

Where are Pan AM and TWA? Didn't they fly all those "lucrative international routes"? Didn't they shrivel and die on the vine without their own domestic feed?

?

CAL get somewhere around 50% of its revenue from international markets. They seem to be doing fine. Why the hate?

Typhoonpilot,

If you are getting tired of the sandbox, Delta is hiring. Many are going to the INTL 767 as an FO fairly soon if you still want to fly international flights. I know the USAir arbitration thing didn't work out for you, but maybe Delta will.

Well I cant speak for TP but I am sure he will apply if DAL are offering subsidized pvt education for three kids, free housing and utilities, chauffeur driven car service to and from all work related activities, annual bonuses, annual cost of living pay raise, forex protection, access to Atlanta's pvt beach clubs, healthy retirement fund...starting pay of 77k (tax free) on a widebody (95ish 777's on the way with 48 A380's to follow - not much upgrade potential there with the doubling of the fleet in the nxt three and a half years - fleet will be 219 by 2011 add to that the big order rumor for up to 100 787's or A350's), six wks annual vacay first year.....oh never mind

But I know, I know you have to live in Dubai....instead of that beacon of cosmopolitan excitement...the ATL

fv

Well I cant speak for TP but I am sure he will apply if DAL are offering subsidized pvt education for three kids, free housing and utilities, chauffeur driven car service to and from all work related activities, annual bonuses, annual cost of living pay raise, forex protection, access to Atlanta's pvt beach clubs, healthy retirement fund...starting pay of 77k (tax free) on a widebody (95ish 777's on the way with 48 A380's to follow - not much upgrade potential there with the doubling of the fleet in the nxt three and a half years - fleet will be 219 by 2011 add to that the big order rumor for up to 100 787's or A350's), six wks annual vacay first year.....oh never mind

But I know, I know you have to live in Dubai....instead of that beacon of cosmopolitan excitement...the ATL

fv

:D

TP

If Dubai is so great, what are you doing slumming around on Flightinfo? Don't you have some sort of expatriate website to check out? :)

None of that makes it worth it to live in the sandbox... notta freaking chance.

Latest resources

Back