Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F16TJ

Elated Member
Anybody else hear the awesome pax brief delivered by the Delta Connection CA today (Wed, 8 Dec) on Guard at 1805Z in the mid-Atlantic region?:cool:

Delta Connection flights don't generally have guard up... I believe they all monitor Atlanta Radio.

You sure it wasn't someone playing around?

I made a really nice announcement on Indianapolis Center a few years ago. I know it was really good because several pilots from competing airlines who were on the frequency complimented me on it. :)

It's always funny when that happens, and the controller doesn't even get his frequency back when the pilot is done, because everyone has to get their smart-a$$ comments in first.

It's not a question of if you are going to do it sometime, it's WHEN you're going to do it. If you're lucky you won't have a voice that is too distinctive or you won't mention your flight number.

garf12 said:
...I guess just the flick of a switch controls what you are talking on?
ouch...new FO's watch out if your CA is a joker..."hazing in the airline industry: tonight at 11"

Anyone ever do that to a new, nervous FO? how bout chirping in to talk just as the FA is about to give their safety briefing? Any funny stories?

-mini

garf12 said:
I was on a series of flights last week going on vacation and I was wondering if that ever happened, cause we had a really chatty pilot. I guess just the flick of a switch controls what you are talking on?
Yep, there is an audio panel that either has switches, push buttons, or a knob to select what you will "transmit" on when you hit the mic. Personally, since I did my PA to ATL departure I hold the PA button down the entire time I'm talking on the PA. And I look at the audio panel a lot, cause I say lots of stuff that don't need to be on the frequencies OR the PA...:)

I thought you were supposed to take both hands to your face, pull your eyelids down with forefingers, corners of your mouth with thumbs, flare your nostrils with pinkies while facing the 'announcer' and making short snorting noises. Either that, or reaching over just grabbing him in the ribs as he starts to talk.

Latest resources

Back