• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection incident in SAV...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just another example of the lack of competence and experience at the regional level.

Oh yeah, for the Peedmont-Pride group: There's no accomplishment in being a 15,000-hour regional pilot. That just means you couldn't get hired somewhere better.

Mcnugget-

let's start with what we can agree on.. Love the avatar...

what we disagree on..... I am one of those HATED lifer regional guys. Although I will be intellectual honest and say yes, I imagined myself in a 76 one day, I have decided I do not want to take a paycut to do it. Those at my airline that know me, know I make double delta 777 captain pay with my pseudo side job. Through a lot of hard work and a little luck, I have carved out a pretty nice life for myself. Doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else... it is what is it. If i had ever chosen to go to a major or even a national like airtran, I would have has to give up the other income. I love flying, but as they say on the FOX NFL pre-game...C'mon man. Now all that being said, why again is it you think regional high timers CANT get jobs at majors or get suprised when we regional lifers lobby for larger airframes. I have and will continue to lobby for what is in the best interest of me and my family. If that includes larger airframes for my airline and less 88 or DC9 flying for you, then so be it. Of course I would expect the Delta/ NW guys to lobby for just the opposite. If that means I go back to the ATR/ E210 and Delta/ NW takes all the jet flying back... then so be it. Until then, you get what you negotiate... or in some cases.. what you negotiate away..

Last edited:
Just another example of the lack of competence and experience at the regional level.

Oh yeah, for the Peedmont-Pride group: There's no accomplishment in being a 15,000-hour regional pilot. That just means you couldn't get hired somewhere better.

Yeah, your're right. Things like this never happen at mainline.<sarcasm>

Judging by the weather and news reports it doesn't sound like they landed on 18.. but instead were doing the ILS 36 and came to rest just off the approach end of runway 18. Coincidentally the terminal ramp is also located at the approach end of 18. It's possible that they went easy on the braking to roll to the end for a shorter taxi but simply didn't account for sliding on the wet ungrooved runway.

Just speculation on my part, but it's happened to others on the same runway before.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ4961/history/20090228/2049Z/KATL/KSAV
appears to be doing the non-precision to 18.

Mcnugget-

let's start with what we can agree on.. Love the avatar...

what we disagree on..... I am one of those HATED lifer regional guys. Although I will be intellectual honest and say yes, I imagined myself in a 76 one day, I have decided I do not want to take a paycut to do it. Those at my airline that know me, know I make double delta 777 captain pay with my pseudo side job. Through a lot of hard work and a little luck, I have carved out a pretty nice life for myself. Doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else... it is what is it. If i had ever chosen to go to a major or even a national like airtran, I would have has to give up the other income. I love flying, but as they say on the FOX NFL pre-game...C'mon man. Now all that being said, why again is it you think regional high timers CANT get jobs at majors or get suprised when we regional lifers lobby for larger airframes. I have and will continue to lobby for what is in the best interest of me and my family. If that includes larger airframes for my airline and less 88 or DC9 flying for you, then so be it. Of course I would expect the Delta/ NW guys to lobby for just the opposite. If that means I go back to the ATR/ E210 and Delta/ NW takes all the jet flying back... then so be it. Until then, you get what you negotiate... or in some cases.. what you negotiate away..

Dang, dog!

That must be one hell of a side job you have! Rock on with that! Way to shut down that bonehead....

-Who really gives a crap what size plane they fly? Anyone who thinks the big ones make them a better pilot really needs some perspective.

Spoken Like a true McDouchbag.

I thought this was good....not

Spokesperson from ASA. Kate Modolo says the plane did not overshoot the runway as some witnesses had reported. “It’s important to make clear the plane landed on the runway and was in the process of de-accelerating,“ she tells me.

All the years I was at ASA, I don't remember that in any manual.....

Good lord... Why is it that airlines have a "process" for everything. If I go to the lav, I'm in the pissing process. When I read a release, I'm in the release reading process. When I'm watching the overhead, I'm in the sleeping process.

I actually had a flight attendant wake me up because we were "in the landing process". Do people go to school to learn how to talk this stupid? I must have been absent that day in indoc, as was the rest of my class. We didn't get that "process".

Rant off... It's just been annoying me for years....

Good lord... Why is it that airlines have a "process" for everything. If I go to the lav, I'm in the pissing process. When I read a release, I'm in the release reading process. When I'm watching the overhead, I'm in the sleeping process.

I actually had a flight attendant wake me up because we were "in the landing process". Do people go to school to learn how to talk this stupid? I must have been absent that day in indoc, as was the rest of my class. We didn't get that "process".

Rant off... It's just been annoying me for years....

I was in the responding to your post process, but gave it up to assume the sleep process.....

oh i almost forgot, McNuggy you are f ********************ing ***********************************.....

Last edited:

Yes, and being at the bottom of someone's seniority list is sooooooo appealing right now. Also, since the non hackers are at the regional level, they are careful what airports they send us to- we're not worthy of the airports with mainline service..............oh wait.............

Same job, same training, same standards, different equipment.....................

Oh yea, and it's PIEdmont, not PEEdmont. Or are you just intellectually innept enough to try a half hearted stab at such a pun?

McNugget This message is hidden because McNugget molests farm animals.

Latest resources

Back