• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection incident in SAV...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non-grooved runway in [perhaps] heavy rain following a non-precision approach. No visual slope indicators either.

Whoooo.....

With a tailwind...lotsa links in that chain.

ValuJet ran off of the same runway into the mud back in the mid 90's.

With a tailwind...lotsa links in that chain.

rampers forgot to mark the heavies, dispatcher didn't run the wet rwy performance correctly, Mother Nature created rain and tailwinds, airport authorities never grooved rwy, installed precision approach and visual slope indicators, the FAA for being the FAA and come on, and Mesa(cuz they suck). It wasnt the pilots fault....or was it.... because my hair gel always seems to get in my eyes on rainy approaches while I'm checkn the wx on my iphone. Who knows the reason right? Maybe the FA and the guy sittn back by the lav had something to do with it or maybe even the blue juice guy or because the lav wasn't dumped. Oh wait, nevermind, its just managements attempt at reducing the number of a/c online, kinda like last years 3 plane pile up in the hangar. hmmm....
Play safe, its only March.
Its all good though, glad no one was hurt in both of the ASQ incidences.

By the way, make some snowmen for me down in Ho-lanta for me tonight and drive carefully. Oh, yeah! Yo!

Judging by the weather and news reports it doesn't sound like they landed on 18.. but instead were doing the ILS 36 and came to rest just off the approach end of runway 18. Coincidentally the terminal ramp is also located at the approach end of 18. It's possible that they went easy on the braking to roll to the end for a shorter taxi but simply didn't account for sliding on the wet ungrooved runway.

Just speculation on my part, but it's happened to others on the same runway before.

Last edited:
Just another example of the lack of competence and experience at the regional level.

Oh yeah, for the Peedmont-Pride group: There's no accomplishment in being a 15,000-hour regional pilot. That just means you couldn't get hired somewhere better.

No, it means the people who left before then couldn't hack it at the regionals any longer.

Latest resources

Back