• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Buddy Passes Request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see, I'll give my buddy passes to someone who asks for it on a webiste, and risk losing my job....

What a freakin duma$$...While were at it, PM me and I'll give you my SS# and bank account numbers.....

clown

Todd, I dont get it. Looking at the travel site it says the following for TAM.

ID90 economy class Y2 fare only, space available, unlimited (does not include code share routes) + all applicable taxes and fees.

Is it the taxes that are costing so much? You would think the ID90 would still be fairly cheap.

Honestly, if its that important that they get there, BUY a fricken' ticket!! And if you cant afford it now, save some cash and go when you can. Ive done it, and felt relieved knowing that when I got to the airport I was getting on that flight.

not only is this guy cheap, he is an idiot ! who the heck asks for buddy passes in the blind on a public forum. jeez what a meathead

Not that it matters, but here are some real numbers and info. Since I didn't know the dates or city pairs I just picked JFK-GRU and used Feb 13th and 20th as the travel dates. And here's what ya get.

Delta Airlines nonstop roundtrip for 2 people is $1838 total price with taxes etc. 10 hours 15 minutes travel time. Go through ATL and it goes up to $2696 and 15 hours 47 minutes travel time.

American Airlines nonstop roundtrip for 2 people wasn't available those dates. The price with 1 stop was $2933 total price.

Delta Buddy pass base prices run $540 plus taxes for 2 people. The seat availability was 18 coach going down and 91 coach coming back, but don't forget the nonrev reminder.

January 4, 2008

Non-rev travel on Delta flights departing from Buenos Aires, Argentina, (EZE), Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE), Lima, Peru (LIM), Rio De Janeiro (GIG), Santiago, Chile (SCL) and Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) continue to be difficult due to heavy or full cargo loads. Flights departing these cities experience unpredictable weight and balance issues which restrict the number of passengers the station can board. Some nonrevs will be denied boarding for this reason even though there may be open seats on the flight. Heavy cargo loads are expected to continue indefinitely on flights departing these cities.
Because there also may be no space in the cargo hold, nonrev passengers are encouraged to use only carry-on luggage to increase chances of being boarded. Passengers without checked baggage will be boarded before nonrevs with checked baggage if the cargo hold is full. Carry-on luggage must be of a size that can be stored in an overhead compartment or under a seat.

An ID90 base price does cost around the same as a Delta Buddy Pass, but some airlines will tack on all the fuel, airport, ATC, etc etc charges, so $500 per person is not unreasonable to expect.

Anyhoot thought it was interesting. Guess I'll just keep looking at the travel magazines, but good luck to you.

Cheers

Howdy!

I am requesting 2 buddy passes from anyone with Delta connections. I am trying to get my Wife and Daughter to Brazil and my airline (Jetblue) does not go there. (ID-90 rates are $600pp).

If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated. FYI, I used to work at Delta (previous life, not a pilot) so I understand all the buddy pass requirements and responsibilities.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks
Todd

Todd,

Your request is not unreasonable, but this isn't the forum it used to be. I suggest you contact one of your coworkers from your time at Delta. They're probably senior to most of the Delta folks on this forum and will be much more likely to help you out.

Unless they're about to expire, I only give Buddy Passes to people for emergency travel - family deaths, etc.

The current charge for a buddy pass to Sao Paulo is $134.00 plus additional taxes (don't know how much they are).

I fly the 767-500 to/from several airports in South America. Nonrev to/from south America isn't good right now. We're routinely leaving people at the gate, especially coming back to ATL.

If this is a family emergency and you know S2 at Jet Blue, have S2 contact me and we'll see what we can arrange.

I wish you success!
William

Have you tried Priceline?

I've never used it for international travel, but I've been able to get some great prices on air travel.

Latest resources

Back