Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilottodd2

Howdy!

I am requesting 2 buddy passes from anyone with Delta connections. I am trying to get my Wife and Daughter to Brazil and my airline (Jetblue) does not go there. (ID-90 rates are $600pp).

If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated. FYI, I used to work at Delta (previous life, not a pilot) so I understand all the buddy pass requirements and responsibilities.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks
Todd

You don't want to send a buddy pass to brazil. Buy the ticket.

Non-rev travel on Delta flights departing from Buenos Aires, Argentina, (EZE), Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE), Lima, Peru (LIM), Rio De Janeiro (GIG), Santiago, Chile (SCL) and Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) continue to be difficult due to heavy or full cargo loads. Flights departing these cities experience unpredictable weight and balance issues which restrict the number of passengers the station can board. Some nonrevs will be denied boarding for this reason even though there may be open seats on the flight. Heavy cargo loads are expected to continue indefinitely on flights departing these cities.

You work at Jet Blue for god's sake.....Pony up the cash for the ticket! Why should a DAL guy/gal GIVE the competion a free ride? (totally seperate issue from jumpseating to/from work, which as a commuter I support 100% for any CAS person regardless of uniform). We are in business to turn a profit not to give our seat to our competitors when they can afford to buy a seat. Maybe I'm off base here, just MY opinion. Aside from the fact that our buddy passes are for "friends and family" if anyone was stupid enough to do anything else it'd be grounds for termination (and rightfully so in my opinion).

This used to be a pleasant web board, with professionals passing around rumors, tips and interesting info.

The reaction to this poster, who has been a member since 2004, is repulsive. He's asking an innocent question.

You work at Jet Blue for god's sake.....Pony up the cash for the ticket! Why should a DAL guy/gal GIVE the competion a free ride? (totally seperate issue from jumpseating to/from work, which as a commuter I support 100% for any CAS person regardless of uniform). We are in business to turn a profit not to give our seat to our competitors when they can afford to buy a seat. Maybe I'm off base here, just MY opinion. Aside from the fact that our buddy passes are for "friends and family" if anyone was stupid enough to do anything else it'd be grounds for termination (and rightfully so in my opinion).
Last time I checked a Delta buddy pass was not free. The further you travel the more it cost. If anything it is helping Delta's bottom line. Judging by your arrogance you must fit really good in your double brested suit.

When I was at Delta, Buddy passes to Rio were $300 round trip. Half of ID-90 rates. If anyone has different info, I would appreciate it.

To Airbus Jas: Thanks for the support.

To Andyd: Supporting a wife and 2 infants on $47/hr as a new-hire. Either she gets to see her family this year via the Buddy passes, or she doesn't go.
(Insert "how bad Jetblue is, etc.etc" flame here)

To Regional Cap: Thanks for the info. I understand the tight loads. We have been dealing with that for years. We usually take Tue/Wed flights to avoid the peak times.

2 buddies go out on the town for the night. Buddy 1 goes home alone. Buddy 2 goes to hot girl's home and scores. Buddy 1 asks Buddy 2 how he got lucky. Buddy 2 says "I Asked". Moral or the story: You cannot get if you do not ask.

Cheers!!

Some nonrevs will be denied boarding for this reason even though there may be open seats on the flight. Heavy cargo loads are expected to continue indefinitely on flights departing these cities.

PilotTodd...your wife and daughter will really hate you if this happens to them when you're trying to get them home on the cheap!

If you REALLY want them there when THEY WANT to be there, you positive-space them. Simple as that. Non-reving sucks. You have to plan on getting stranded. And that's the LAST thing I'd do to a wife and kid!

nuff said

I wouldn't give a buddy pass to a total stranger due to the fact that if they do something stupid, it is ME and MY FAMILY that will lose privileges.

If you work for Jet Blue, there has got to be SOME company you can buy ID 90s on..

Latest resources

Back