• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta at job fairs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly, it is like clock work. They will be looking, but they want to know that the ones that are already hired still want it as well.

When the mergerd Delta starts to hire again, do you think they will still honor the job offers (poolies) from hired DAL and NWA pilots that where hired but didnt get a class date?? I think the poolies at NWA where given 1 yr from the date of the offer where he job offer would still be honored once hiring started again??

I think the classes have to be filled by the Mesaba flow pilots 9/month, Compass pilots also have a flow but they are not allowed until they have been at compass for 30 months...Knowing this I think the poolies will have to get behind the flow pilots...

I believe that you are right that the flow thru Mesaba and Compass pilots when they get to 30 months will have priority over any new hires. Compass 1st hired pilots in march maybe april of 2007, so those flow thrus from Compass wont start until Septemeber 2009 and later, as long as Delta is hiring

It would be nice if DL would get rid of the "once you're bounced from panel interview, that's your only shot" thing. Some of us may have fallen victim to bad timing. It'd be nice to know for sure. Oh well. Best of luck to both sides in the SLI and to the poolies on both sides.

I believe that you are right that the flow thru Mesaba and Compass pilots when they get to 30 months will have priority over any new hires. Compass 1st hired pilots in march maybe april of 2007, so those flow thrus from Compass wont start until Septemeber 2009 and later, as long as Delta is hiring[/quot

I think you are wrong there. At our Chief Pilot's meeting last night he explained it to us as, the first 29 pilots will come from a combined Compass Mesaba flow up agreement. Delta is looking at hiring say 300 pilots at one time, defering some training dates that way they will get their ability to actually select 271 out of those 300. Also we were told that they are looking at how they can legally enforce our requirement for the 4 year degree on anyone flowing up!

I think that he is correct that pilots need to me at Compass for three years to flow up. I am pulling the PWA.

I believe that you are right that the flow thru Mesaba and Compass pilots when they get to 30 months will have priority over any new hires. Compass 1st hired pilots in march maybe april of 2007, so those flow thrus from Compass wont start until Septemeber 2009 and later, as long as Delta is hiring[/quot

I think you are wrong there. At our Chief Pilot's meeting last night he explained it to us as, the first 29 pilots will come from a combined Compass Mesaba flow up agreement. Delta is looking at hiring say 300 pilots at one time, defering some training dates that way they will get their ability to actually select 271 out of those 300. Also we were told that they are looking at how they can legally enforce our requirement for the 4 year degree on anyone flowing up!

I don’t have the language in front of me, but I believe that there are provisions in the flow to prevent this. I think that the flow is based on the number off classes in a month, and more pilots can flow if they skip a month or two of classes(in this case hire for months worth of classes) to average out to 9 a month.

edit: 9 from Mesaba, I don't know if Compass has the same provision or not.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back