• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta asked to leave Dallas Love Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here, I'll give you the 7th grade version - Umm, just 'cause it's legal or affirmed by a court (that means the court said it was "okay") - doesn't mean it wasn't pretty shady. I could bring up a prime example of that, but that fight already fills up the remainder of the majors forum.

Here, I'll give you the 7th grade version - Umm, just 'cause it's legal or affirmed by a court (that means the court said it was "okay") - doesn't mean it wasn't pretty shady. I could bring up a prime example of that, but that fight already fills up the remainder of the majors forum.

I agree

In the end OJ. ended up in jail anyway. :)

Interesting... Without doing any research, because I'm lazy, can anyone cite another case where a city has asked a major airline to leave it's airport? Usually cities are clamoring for more competition, not demanding less.

Interesting... Without doing any research, because I'm lazy, can anyone cite another case where a city has asked a major airline to leave it's airport? Usually cities are clamoring for more competition, not demanding less.

I heard Dominos Pizza requested it...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'll grant you that Howard, so long as it is agreed that legitimacy and propriety are not neccesarily mutually exclusive.
We live in a country where the judiciary is allowed to interpret our Constitution and how federal, state and local statutes comply with the document which is the basis for all of our laws. If we choose to change this basic tenet of our legal system it will take a constitutional amendment to do so.

Does the judiciary always get it right, most likely not which is why we have an appeals process. This issue at Love has been litigated and re-litigated ad nauseam always with the same result. If your assertion is that it has been incorrectly adjudicated each and every time the multiple courts including the Texas Supreme Court and The United States Supreme court has weighed in then I guess you yourself can decide it lacks propriety.

Read this or the college version and you will see how every large company in America operates. I would even x out the term "pretty shady" and use the term "fought for by lobbyist". It takes money (over and under the table) for a large business to "force it's will". Some are trying to convince that there is only one shady company, but anyone with half a brain knows every airline in the world needs/uses money to force their will over the competitors.

I was thinking more 2014, than 1978.

But I'm glad you agree.

Last edited:
Hey Howard: I'm not going to quote the post. Again, you've missed the context of what you quoted. The Dallas airport agreement transcended deregulation. Case in point: Legend. They were post deregulation and still had to do <56 seats.

Latest resources

Back