• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta asked to leave Dallas Love Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metroplex? DFW is not in the metroplex? Delta had most of E and the satellite terminal for how many years? They had a share of the market in Dallas and a lot of loyal customers, they left.

Whatever dumb bass. DFW is a part of the Metroplex. You didn't know that??? Delta left because they weren't getting the yield they needed to keep it profitable. But now genius, DL should make $4 billion plus in profit this year. Wut wut? Did you hear that? DL lost a hub but gained a few more via a merger and will make more than any other legacy and LCC this year. Wut wut? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your best post yet GL
Flop, any chance you could save the 20 question hypotheticals and make your point?
Or accusation? As the case may be

Ok Wave, here goes: I think Annise and Jim are related. Parker, that is. Still efforting better evidence, which is hard to do. Can't prove they're not related so far. Pet project of mine that I'm still not sure what it results in. I do know this: Houston would have wanted to know if there was any connection.

Last edited:
so flop, I am glad to hear that you were fighting against a certain Senator and her husband during the Wright fight.

Delta is cut out because of these silly restrictions. They should have been able to build a 30 gate terminal and everyone would be happy. This is happening because AA and big political contributions. SWA will do fine, but the big winner is AA.

so flop, I am glad to hear that you were fighting against a certain Senator and her husband during the Wright fight.

In a certain context, what you're saying is correct. I hate that there was ever a need for the Wright Amenment. Which means I do indeed dislike these conflicting relationships and wish they weren't an issue. And they wouldn't be, except that it's how SWA stays in business and successful. You guys gripe about this stuff and act like you've got some terrible burden to carry, but you always win. You've never gotten less than you needed.

Delta is cut out because of these silly restrictions. They should have been able to build a 30 gate terminal and everyone would be happy. This is happening because AA and big political contributions. SWA will do fine, but the big winner is AA.

Yep. Everyone would be happy if there had never been any restrictions.

Last edited:
Wrong again. First, every major corporation does deals. I was just pointing out how you were being selective in your criticism. Second, if SWA got what the wanted the terminal would have been 30 gates with a 5 gate international terminal that would have been built 5 years ago. Lastly, I understand your dislike for SWA but your one sided arguments are comical at best...thanks for keeping us entertained.

You can't see the full history.

Why would the agreement to build DFW be reason enough to force legacy airlines to use it only, but the agreement to build IAH not be sufficient to create a same type requirement of SWA? It's because there's a double standard that has gone on too long.

Latest resources

Back