• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smoking Man said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050504/delta_mesa.html?.v=1

Hmmmmm..

General do you have any comments?

I just woke up and I really don't know much yet. I don't even know where they would be used, and it doesn't look like they will use the Dorniers. I don't know yet. It is a 12 year agreement, and that may come in handy if Ornstein needs to bail us out....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

"It is a 12 year agreement, and that may come in handy if Ornstein needs to bail us out....?"

Yeah and hopefully they'll be CatII so they can get your buddy out of SUN and replace the SkyWest s....bs. You truly are an Enigma, Genral. (leaving out the e was not a mistake).

Mookie

Flechas said:
This sucks, Fcuking Mesa is taking over the industry...

MESA is turning into one big regional monopoly!! Stop the madness!!!!

"Are you an airline pilot?"
Why yes I am.
"For what airline?"
MESA
"So you're not an airline pilot!!"

Name change? Deltdom.

JMHO, but this will doom the wages for the industry the bar has been set in place and will become the industry leading standard by which all future contracts will be baselined....

I dont know the exact salaries for other groups, but the last time I checked dispatchers at Mesa were paid a wopping $10.48 an hour....

big picture

This will be great for Delta. The savings they will realize compared to other higher priced (especialy higher pilot labor costs) regionals will go towards saving their pensions, preserving the night override and putting down payments on that soon to be announced massive fleet of 100 seaters they keep talking about in all those crew lounge meetings.

That was the plan all along, wasn't it?

Another brilliant move by the legacy carriers. They claim they want to be low cost ect. and be like SW jet blue airtran, and yet they do the one thing that none of these carriers do. Give the competition a guaranteed profit! I know lets make an airline within an airline within an airline, pay other people to do our flying at a profit (for the contractor) and then we can compete with SW. I thought of this all by myself where is my multi million dollar bonus?

Well, at least we know that DL management will do the unexpected, all of the time. They have some sort of plan, and that may not be good for pilots, but there is a plan. As far as the pensions go, I am not counting on one. The bill before the Senate may go our way, and that would help DL too, extending the payments out 25 years or until we could pay them off---which could be the next uptick in the cycle. I just hope we make it there. Expect the unexpected.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back