• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and college GPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had an ex atty FO a few weeks ago. Good stick. Said just the opposite. Nothing more mundane than practicing law for a living.

Yep-brother has been an atty for 15 years. Graduated from top 25 law school and makes $140k/year. Said it's the most boring job he could imagine and wishes he went to all-atps or gulfstream 20 years ago.

which just reenforces that a college degree had nothing to do with flying an airplane

At my airline guys who couldn't transition from DC-9/757 to the Airbus just retired. Keep telling yourself college doesn't matter.

Very recently on the 757, I watched a captain toss his iPad and pull out the paper because he couldn't figure things out.

No page long rants please.

Last edited:
Didn't want to go through this whole string but did anyone say the obvious that DAL is more concerned with not having to deal with anyone struggling through ground school and costing them money? That's been their MO more than than most and they seem happy with it. Can't really find fault with that other than the reality that it bit them pretty bad back in the late 80's.

Sounds to me like you went to the wrong college. Maybe BYU, TCU, Oral Roberts or some other conservative, religious, right wing bible college or university catering predominately to white christians would have been more to your liking. Perhaps your own personal choir would have been preached to more effectively that way.

Pretentious, elitist, liberal arts quote from Shakespeare follows:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

You may have to look up the reference on wikipedia as I doubt you were exposed to very much english lit in the military.

1. You must be a flaming liberal, as you show severe dissatisfaction in my ability to maintain my own thought after the liberal institutions attempted to brainwash.

2. I do not need to look that up, I majored in English and saw plenty of it. You, on the other hand, forgot to capitalize the "W" in "Wikipedia" and the "E" in "English". That should put you at, um, first grade.

3. Nice cheap shot at all of us who served in the military, you ingrate.

Don't bother replying, you just joined Pennekamp in my Ignore list. Both of you are flaming libs so you ought to get along great.

Last edited:
Which one brain washes more? The military or college?
Hmm.
I think the outcome of that question is affected by the observer..

Which one brain washes more? The military or college?
Hmm.
I think the outcome of that question is affected by the observer..

Well, since the actual goal of military basic training is to break you down and rebuild you, I'm guessing the military. If you're an independent thinker, you're not a good soldier. Think "Forest Gump."

"What's your sole purpose in this Army Gump?"

"To do whatever you tell me DRILL SERGEANT!"

"Godammit Gump. You're a God Darn Genius!"

I respect the military folk for their commitment and for what they do for the country, but I never, ever ask one for a unique or independent thought. They haven't had one since basic training.

I respect the military folk for their commitment and for what they do for the country, but I never, ever ask one for a unique or independent thought. They haven't had one since basic training.

Gump wasn't in officer training, there is a big difference, and maybe you should pick smarter friends.

Spoken by a person who has never been there. When you are turned loose to do your job in the military there are more unique challenges that demand independent thought than the routine of canned civilian flying I don?t think I can compare the two.

Don't bother replying, you just joined Pennekamp in my Ignore list. Both of you are flaming libs so you ought to get along great.

Holy crap, Pennekamp hasn't been around here in years. Let it go!

Latest resources

Back