• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and AirTran Consider Leaving Atlanta Hub

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is a little constrained by what the ATL airport can physically handle. Already scheduled arrivals are at, or in excess of the peak flow that ATC can handle.

Routing traffic through MEM, CVG and through NWA's hubs seems like a viable alternative if the City does not play ball.

And, where does SkyWest fit into this? They own as many gates at AirTran does.

And, where does SkyWest fit into this? They own as many gates at AirTran does.

Do they hold the gate leases? Or does Delta? I'll find out from Cynthia (McKinney) next time we're kickin' back and burnin' one, yo.

TW

Do they hold the gate leases? Or does Delta? I'll find out from Cynthia (McKinney) next time we're kickin' back and burnin' one, yo.

TW

Speaking of Cynthia (I am too good to show my ID) McKinney. I have seen and heard her name in two places. First was on my presidential ballot in the state of Oregon, and second was she was on the boat that was rammed by the state of Isreal during the Hammas uprise. The boat was "carrying" humanatarian aid.

HIJACK OVER

TW

SKYW owns the leases and ASA secured the financing for the C improvements through lease-backs.

SKYW owns the leases and ASA secured the financing for the C improvements through lease-backs.
I heard directly from a credible source (former President of Delta Airlines) that those gates were up for negotiations on their leases in 2010, with all the others.

I'm not saying he was right, just repeating what I heard.

It sounds to me like those leases might have been tied up with contract extensions associated with the construction.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back