• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Airlines the Comair Connection?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The RD or Delta pilot has NEVER taken one for the Team! UAL-STRIKE!, NWAC-STRIKE, AMR-SICK-OUT, CAL-STRIKE, CMR-STRIKE...DAL?........We'll take United plus a buck. WOW! That must've hurt! OH, the only RJ-70,90 seat you'll see is in the cabin. Well, maybe the jumpseat if you can get your head through the door.

You know when I started in the regionals it was with an eye to going to DAL. But now the ONLY thing attractive about DAL is the paycheck. It seems the politics and mean-spirited pilot group would take all of the fun out of if....I just don't know.

Not that any of us are going anwhere anytime soon........

Comrcap,

Maybe you don't remember what happened over the XMAS holiday of 1999-2000. We wanted to show some sort of action, but President Bush said No. He has the power to do things like that, ya know. He said there will be no strikes in the Summer of 2000. The APA was fined huge for their sick out, which almost bankrupted them. There was nothing we could do. Now, Comair was not included in that, so you were allowed to strike. Don't call us pu$$ies, we actually got the highest pay ever. You lost.

Palerider957,

Yes, the pay is great, and the pilots are great. We have a lot of fun and enjoy our trips. We are concerned about our own furloughs, and pay for their Cobra payments, just like we paid for the Comair people during their strike. See, we actually try to take care of our own people, and sometimes we don't see much appreciation (Comair). Now we are going through a tough time that will get better, but we get nothing from Comair people. No help, nothing. Have you ever been treated poorly on a Delta jumpseat? I bet you haven't. When I see Comair pilots jumping to Florida, I don't harrass them. I might ask them about their opinions during cruise, but I never harrass them or make them feel uncomfortable. If you don't want to eventually interview for Delta, fine. You will be missing out because there are a lot of great things about this job. Our furloughs know that, and we will be getting them back as soon as possible.

Bye Bye--General lee:cool: ;) :rolleyes:

I do have to give General Lee credit for his professional attitude when it comes to the jumpseat. I hope all Delta pilots share his attitude and treat Comair jumpseaters with the same respect that we treat Delta jumpseaters. That professional courtesy among pilot groups goes a long way. Good for you, General Lee!

Sidseal,

I repeat, I do not treat anyone poorly on jumpseats---they are essential for some people to go to work---on all three of our airlines. I ususally vent on the forum only---but not onboard the plane.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

General:

Yeah, I can respect that. I know how loyal you are to the furloughees and that's a good thing. I've only had one bad run-in on the jumpseat with a DAL FO who went out of his way to make me uncomfortable--"So, you flying that scope jet!?" At the time I was an E-120 driver and told him so---"Oh, prop trash." Sigh..... I just thought, whatever, and thanked them both for the lift. I had one other run in at GTR, again when I was on the E-120 and there was a DAL 757 on a charter at the ramp. I was talking to a ramper when the DAL FO came over and started telling me what a piece of sh.it my plane was (he's right-but not very diplomatic) I was dumbfounded as I hadn't said a single word to the guy and didn't even see him coming. Without anohter word he went back to the 75....geez.

To be fair these are isolated incidents, all other times my dealings with DAL crews have been pretty positive.

Interviewing with DAL? Wow, that seems like a million years away. I guess when the time comes we'll see.

Comair thinks that Delta's the Comair connection!!

General,

You'll be happy to know that I turned down a job at Communistair because I knew that I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing that I took a job away from a furloughed guy who didn't even get the CHANCE to interview.

tittyjet said:
Comair thinks that Delta's the Comair connection!!

General,

You'll be happy to know that I turned down a job at Communistair because I knew that I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing that I took a job away from a furloughed guy who didn't even get the CHANCE to interview.
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Mainline furloughs would be worse without the Comair feed and as far as Comair interviews, they welcome Delta pilots. The issue is that as long as Comair remains a separate company with separate seniority lists Comair Management requires that they quit their other job before investing more than $25,000 in them to fly the RJ.

Makes common sense to me. After all, the minute any major pilot gets recalled he will quit the Comair gig, anyone would.

The Comair MEC was willing to negotiate what they did not understand is that the Delta MEC had no intention of negotiating, the Delta MEC gave an order. The Comair MEC said lets talk and Bill Burgey said his priority was on future military applicants - that there was nothing to talk about.

So it sounds like your beef, as well as General's beef, should be with the Delta MEC, or Comair's management.

If you turned down a job at Comair, who did you end up working for?

Maybe you don't remember what happened over the XMAS holiday of 1999-2000. We wanted to show some sort of action, but President Bush said No. He has the power to do things like that, ya know. He said there will be no strikes in the Summer of 2000.

Bush didn't take office until January 2001.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**?! Did I say that?!
I've done my share of jumpseating on DAL and can say that they have been nothing but gracious. I have a problem with people talking like it's their God given right to fly anything larger than an arbitrary seat range. You don't have routes, city pairs or a right to anything. Management determines that and more importantly, the capital markets dictate who gets the money. Why do you think we still take delivery of a/c and hire pilots? We are profitable. Been that way for 20 years and will continue to be that way. You just don't get it. You guys didn't want anything to do with Comair pilots when we initiated the PID, now you're pissed that we won't hire furloughee's. We're not good enough for YOUR list, but now you want on ours?! Right here pal!

Latest resources

Back