• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AirElite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown one of the Challengers on the list (not while part of this), and it looks like DeltaElite own a Part 135 certificate and Part 91 corporate/private flight departments can sign up with them to make their aircraft (and perhaps crews) available for charters that Delta Elite drums up. This is similar to AMRs Alliance Program, and saves a Part 91 operator the hassle of getting it's own Part 135 certificate if they are sold on the idea they can defray the fixed costs of ownership by flying charter during what would normally be down-time. At least part of this list are not aircraft owned in any way by DeltaElite.

If the aircraft rarely flies it might make sense, but most Part 91 operators think that the increased hours/cycles (not to mention the way charter pax trash a cabin because it's not their own) incurred by the aircaft and potential scheduling conflicts diminish the returns to the point of not being worth it.

I heard straight from the mouth of Fred Buttrell (DCI President)that they are trying to move into the management and charter of existing corporate flight departments. They do not want to buy any bizjets (ala United) because they are too expensive, they just manage somebody elses. They are probably going to take over a large flight dept in ATL very soon.

Coming to a Flight Dept near you soon!

Delta Air Elite

sleepy said:
I heard straight from the mouth of Fred Buttrell (DCI President)that they are trying to move into the management and charter of existing corporate flight departments. They do not want to buy any bizjets (ala United) because they are too expensive, they just manage somebody elses. They are probably going to take over a large flight dept in ATL very soon.

Coming to a Flight Dept near you soon!
HEY Sleepy- as another FO waiting for the eternal upgrade (3+ years for me), I've considered this operator but can't find out much about them. Do we start over at the bottom of the Delta non-rev list with a new date of hore if I go there from ASA. Also, I would only consider it if I could go into the captains seat of something/anything with them. Thanks! Incidentally, your posts about all of the current stuff going on in ATL are right on the money!

Latest resources

Back