Delta Airelite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aeronautic1 said:
While on a IAH lauover last month, I shared the Marriott van ride to the Smithstonian Air Museum with two Air Elite crewmembers. They stated that Delta owns an number of aircraft but the fleet is mostly management agreements. The pay, unless you came with the airplane is typical Frac pay. However, they do get pass previleges and jumpseat on Delta.

One small glitch: They don't acknowledge resumes received.

A few facts:

As a previous poster mentioned, yes Delta AirElite crews do exist. We're kinda like ghosts tho ;)

Basically a 135 operator; however, in addition to straight charter, we also offer a fleetmembership program. Essentially selling blocks of time, with certain guarantees on availability and such.

We do have a number of "affiliate" aircraft on our certificate. Corporate aircraft that companies either elect for us to manage and/or charter when they're not in use.

As far as the "core" fleet of pilots, we're all based in CVG

Schedule: currently 10 days off/month.

Pay: 1st yr F/O $30k

Upgrades: Typically 18-24 months, although recently it has been less, 8-12

Interview: Luck of the draw; although just like anywhere else, knowing someone is helpful.

As a side note, there is no integration with Delta seniority, although crews DO receive the same pass benefits as any/all Delta employee.

All in all, for a 135 operator, a pretty decent place to be. Small family type atmosphere, with a good working relationship between pilots and management.

2​

Cpt Kangaroo said:
any idea where their bases are?? Home basing???
Got a call today and wondering if I should even bother...

I say go for it... At the very least check it out and report back to us... Can't hurt to check it out. Any idea about aircraft type offered? Good luck!

turning2 said:
A few facts:

As a previous poster mentioned, yes Delta AirElite crews do exist. We're kinda like ghosts tho ;)

Basically a 135 operator; however, in addition to straight charter, we also offer a fleetmembership program. Essentially selling blocks of time, with certain guarantees on availability and such.

We do have a number of "affiliate" aircraft on our certificate. Corporate aircraft that companies either elect for us to manage and/or charter when they're not in use.

As far as the "core" fleet of pilots, we're all based in CVG

Schedule: currently 10 days off/month.

Pay: 1st yr F/O $30k

Upgrades: Typically 18-24 months, although recently it has been less, 8-12

Interview: Luck of the draw; although just like anywhere else, knowing someone is helpful.

As a side note, there is no integration with Delta seniority, although crews DO receive the same pass benefits as any/all Delta employee.

All in all, for a 135 operator, a pretty decent place to be. Small family type atmosphere, with a good working relationship between pilots and management.

2​

you mentioned 10 days off per month. during your "on" days, are you constantly on the road or do you get some "out and back trips"? on average, how many of your "on" days do you get to sleep in your own bed.

BornAgainPagan said:
you mentioned 10 days off per month. during your "on" days, are you constantly on the road or do you get some "out and back trips"? on average, how many of your "on" days do you get to sleep in your own bed.

This really depends on which aircraft you're assigned. I'm currently in the Lr-31/35 and we do a lot of out and backs. I'm probably averaging 3-4 overnights a month which leaves plenty of nights to spend at home in my own bed.

The LR60 and 604 are on the road quite a bit more. Spent last yr in the 60, and probably did 12-14 nights a month on the road. A lot of times I asked to be on the road, I was new to CVG and had nothing better to do during my available time than collect additional per diem and catering :) Just a guess, but probably 8-10 is a little closer to average.

psysicx said:
What about the managed aircraft?Do they hire separately?

For the most part, yes. We do manage and crew one CVG based aircraft (and I'm sure we could do more if requested), but every other aircraft (that I know of) on certificate is crewed by the owner of said aircraft.

Latest resources

Back