• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Lines Announces $549 Million Profit Excluding Special Items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not be overly surprised to see DAL get the 350XWB. It really depends on Boeing.

A Delta friend of mine said he has heard of a possible accleration of 787 orders because the airline is having a hard time putting in adequate crew rest facilities (no room) on the A330-200s, and thus cannot fly them over 12 hours. Just a rumor, though.

A Delta friend of mine said he has heard of a possible accleration of 787 orders because the airline is having a hard time putting in adequate crew rest facilities (no room) on the A330-200s, and thus cannot fly them over 12 hours. Just a rumor, though.

The BA CEO just reported that the 787 will now be certified in '11 versus '12 as reported last week.
Very amateur of Anderson to say he" had no idea" on the CC today when asked about the 787. He hasn't talked with Boeing about the status of flight test or possible delivery dates which could potentially be in less than 24 months? As a big part of the future international capability of the airplane and how it ties into expansion plans, he certainly appeared blind-sided by the question and came across as a little indifferent. There are major financial institutions very interested in not only current, but also future plans and his response indicated he was only interested in the next 3 months or so. Granted, much lies on the economic situation short term, but cmon, act as sound as though you have at least heard of the plane before.

Last edited:
He is negotiating in public. They are not happy with reparations for their failed delivery dates.

Oh yeah.....that sounds like a REAL rumor.....let's buy a 190 Million airplane because of "supposed" crew rest facilty problems.....

Good Lord....listen to yourself

The BA CEO just reported that the 787 will now be certified in '11 versus '12 as reported last week.
Very amateur of Anderson to say he" had no idea" on the CC today when asked about the 787. He hasn't talked with Boeing about the status of flight test or possible delivery dates which could potentially be in less than 24 months? As a big part of the future international capability of the airplane and how it ties into expansion plans, he certainly appeared blind-sided by the question and came across as a little indifferent. There are major financial institutions very interested in not only current, but also future plans and his response indicated he was only interested in the next 3 months or so. Granted, much lies on the economic situation short term, but cmon, act as sound as though you have at least heard of the plane before.

He is on record for NOT (REPEAT: NOT) wanting that airplane. Ya think maybe he's working the manufacturer in public? (think about it) Either A) wanting to lower the purchase rates....or B) working to get 777-300's on the the cheap or C) making Airbus a player even though Leo "I got Mine" Mullin signed an exclusive Boeing deal?

Yep....my money is on one of those......

Last edited:
The exclusive deal was cancelled years ago. I believe when Boeing bought MD. It was one of the conditions to get the EU to sign off on the deal.

If Airbus offers aircraft at the right price, I'm sure Delta will have no problems purchasing them over Boeing.

Latest resources

Back