• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Lines 7/02/07 Class Breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The people doing the hiring don't care who you worked for. If they did care and did hire people from these companies guys would stop trying to get a job there. So until that happens guys will always go to work for the like of go jets.

2 Comair?!?!?!?!?!?!

So much for "Delta will never hire another Comair pilot."

What say you, General et al???

Thanks "Daddy Dearest" for the Delta job... I will bet those ex-Comair pilots have parents who are Delta pilots. That would likely be the only reason. So, if you are a Comair pilot who doesn't have a family relation at Delta right now, maybe you should lower your expectations...

As for the GoJet pilot, that is weird. Delta shouldn't give those pilots any hope. I would suggest that is an outlier and very atypical.

The big thing to notice is how many ASA pilots were hired - they supported the furloughees (did not force them to resign) and now Delta pilots will support them. I am told that ASA pilots will be a strong source of DAL pilots going forward.

Last edited:
Zero, None, NaDa.

So, Fins, did you get on with Delta? You must if you know that none of the newhires were chicks with daddy pilots... I guess you won't be blasting Delta any longer now that you are a part of the team - right (your views on scope will likely change)?

Good for you.

Last edited:
Have friends in class.

Rumors of Chinese MD90's. The Chinese like RJ's. Maybe you could swap....

Agree with your comments on GoJets.

Last edited:
The problemo is simple....and it is twofold.

First, the pilots at Legacy A don't give a rats a$$ what happens between the groups of people who fly for their connection carriers, let alone one who files for another legacy.....they have laid enough blood at the feet of management and the BK judge. They care about their own pilots.....

Second, most pilots are hired by human resources....perhaps there is a pilot involved in the equation but for the most part, HR is involved to the point where they have no clue who you worked for, just if they feel you are qualified.

Anyone who is lucky enough to be calling the shots on who DAL hires is not stupid enough to be drawn into some crap about where some guy worked before and was it OK to a bunch of pilots who saw great benefit in the carnage after 9/11, usually at the expense of the group in question.

No flame, just facts.

I suggest you get over it and whine about something else.

A350

Last edited:
The problemo is simple....and it is twofold.

First, the pilots at Legacy A don't give a rats a$$ what happens between the groups of people who fly for their connection carriers, let alone one who files for another legacy.....they have laid enough blood at the feet of management and the BK judge. They care about their own pilots.....

Second, most pilots are hired by human resources....perhaps there is a pilot involved in the equation but for the most part, HR is involved to the point where they have no clue who you worked for, just if they feel you are qualified.

Anyone who is lucky enough to be calling the shots on who DAL hires is not stupid enough to be drawn into some crap about where some guy worked before and was it OK to a bunch of pilots who saw great benefit in the carnage after 9/11, usually at the expense of the group in question.

No flame, just facts.

I suggest you get over it and whine about something else.

A350

Go ahead and believe that. You are wrong. How do I know? Well, I personally know pilots involved in the process. Just look at the data provided - the fact that so many ASA pilots were hired was not a random act (DAL pilots appreciated their support for the furloughees). Sure, some Comair pilots were hired - most, but not all, likely have family connections. Big surprise.

But apparently you have all the answers...

I was specifically speaking of the GoJet guy/gal.....

That so many ASA guys were hired may be for the reason you stated....

It also could be for the reason that other than the Comair/military guys, someone other than Delta has to pay to train the replacements of those who left the other carriers.

Just another "answer" to your question.

A350

Sure, some Comair pilots were hired - most, but not all, likely have family connections. Big surprise.

But apparently you have all the answers...

Actually, I don't think either of the Comair guys have family at Delta. I flew with one not long ago, he was a USN pilot prior to Comair, and didn't know a soul at Delta. Applied when they opened up hiring and interviewed in April.

Looks like Delta is giving preference to ASA guys. Good for them, lord knows they've been getting it from all sides lately.

Now seriously, what's up with hiring a GoJet guy?

Latest resources

Back