Delta Air Elite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aircraft just left Delta

We just added an aircraft to our certificate that left Delta Air Elite due to lack of any charter. I can get you the contact info for the pilot who made the decision to leave if you want to find out what his experience was with them.

We just added an aircraft to our certificate that left Delta Air Elite due to lack of any charter. I can get you the contact info for the pilot who made the decision to leave if you want to find out what his experience was with them.

That would be helpful. Thanks.

I flew a Lear 31a out of CMH, and we were always doing trips for Delta Air Elite. I liked their charter department, their customers, and their pilots. I don't have any inside info though.

We recently added our jet to DAE's fleet, and so far have been pretty happy with things. I recently had dinner with their director of sales and their supplemental lift manager along with another crew that is bringing a new XLS-Plus on their certificate, and they made several comments to the fact that more charters are lost because the lead pilot/point of contact from the managed aircraft opted out of proposed charter trips, i.e. "Oh, the boss needs the plane that weekend; we're not available on that day; yada yada yada." I'm sure there are factors that affect each managed aircraft's situation as well as aircraft marketability, no matter which 135 management company you're with.

I will say that having the ability to non-rev for my family and I is a pretty good perk...better than the flashlight I was given from my last 135 company.

Last edited:
We recently added our jet to DAE's fleet, and so far have been pretty happy with things. I recently had dinner with their director of sales and their supplemental lift manager along with another crew that is bringing a new XLS-Plus on their certificate, and they made several comments to the fact that more charters are lost because the lead pilot/point of contact from the managed aircraft opted out of proposed charter trips, i.e. "Oh, the boss needs the plane that weekend; we're not available on that day; yada yada yada." I'm sure there are factors that affect each managed aircraft's situation as well as aircraft marketability, no matter which 135 management company you're with.

I will say that having the ability to non-rev for my family and I is a pretty good perk...better than the flashlight I was given from my last 135 company.

How many hours would you say you average per month?

Does anyone know the process of adding an airplane to another 135 cert? The same type of plane already on the cert, and is currently on a 135 cert.

I believe it just needs to go through a conformity check looking over logs and verifying all required mx has been done, fire extinguishers are onboard, seats are fireblocked, all placards are in place...Which would be done already if already on a certificate, but some people are more thorough than others. I know of a Gulfstream that passed one check at one company, but the next operator found 80,000 dollars of mx that needed to be done.

Latest resources

Back