• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta aggressive with it's regional partners

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is fact- the regional hay day is over. What will happen over the next 8 years will be a MAJOR shift in doctrine from fee for departure, to code share and merge. I'm absolutely certain we will transform into a stand alone carrier at some point. The question is only a matter of when. Skywest Inc. knows the Indy thing isn't going to work. They are going to purchase a brand in distress. Think it's odd or far fetched????? USAirways and American are looking for dance partners. Think about this for a sec- American (already on the financial gallows) files for bankruptcy and Skywest moves in for the deal. Buys AMR, and divests Eagle. Our own 50 seat aircraft feed the beast, and attrition keeps labor costs low. Instant, turn key international route structure with a recognized stand alone brand.Competent and smart management tallent would make this work. Although I don't always agree with what they do, it is a fact that the management at Skywest Inc. will make money. Although seemingly far fetched, it's but one of the many possibilities. Skywest Inc. is too savvy to just wither away and die.........it will survive, albeit in different form.

Skywest Inc. is too savvy to just wither away and die.........it will survive, albeit in different form.

That's the basis of my thoughts about the whole thing...and I'm with you, there's really no limit to the insane twists and turns the industry can take.

Eh...I don't think SKYW can afford to buy AMR, no matter how deep in bankruptcy they are...though that would create an interesting change in the playing field.

Whatever, I'm keeping my piece on the game board simply because there are enough imaginable scenarios that will follow the coming season of massive change that represent an opportunity for our situation to get a lot better.

<shrug>

Guess we'll see....

It is fact- the regional hay day is over. What will happen over the next 8 years will be a MAJOR shift in doctrine from fee for departure, to code share and merge. I'm absolutely certain we will transform into a stand alone carrier at some point. The question is only a matter of when. Skywest Inc. knows the Indy thing isn't going to work. They are going to purchase a brand in distress. Think it's odd or far fetched????? USAirways and American are looking for dance partners. Think about this for a sec- American (already on the financial gallows) files for bankruptcy and Skywest moves in for the deal. Buys AMR, and divests Eagle. Our own 50 seat aircraft feed the beast, and attrition keeps labor costs low. Instant, turn key international route structure with a recognized stand alone brand.Competent and smart management tallent would make this work. Although I don't always agree with what they do, it is a fact that the management at Skywest Inc. will make money. Although seemingly far fetched, it's but one of the many possibilities. Skywest Inc. is too savvy to just wither away and die.........it will survive, albeit in different form.

I agree. Because of this, a major focus in our JCBA negotiations should be scope/successorship/fragmentation language. If the above situation does transpire through Skywest Inc., there is no guarantee right now that it will include ASA/XJET pilots...Something to think about.....

Seriously. How smart does someone have to be to succeed with the lucrative FFD contracts handed out in the last 10 years or so? All they needed was a compliant pilot group and puppy mills. Nothing exceptional about that. Running a global airline with career employees is a tad harder.

Seriously. How smart does someone have to be to succeed with the lucrative FFD contracts handed out in the last 10 years or so? All they needed was a compliant pilot group and puppy mills. Nothing exceptional about that. Running a global airline with career employees is a tad harder.

It proved to be too much for Johnny O at MESA.

Before you go dismissing SkyWest, the combined operation is over 700 airplanes and is the third largest carrier in the world by number of operation per day; more than Unical, more than Delta.

It proved to be too much for Johnny O at MESA.

Before you go dismissing SkyWest, the combined operation is over 700 airplanes and is the third largest carrier in the world by number of operation per day; more than Unical, more than Delta.

Yes but 50 seaters will be departing the fleet sooner than later, and both mainline pilot groups at Unical and Delta are UNLIKELY to ALLOW you to have more 70/76 seaters, or anything larger. Most mainline pilots want a piece of your 70/76 seat flying too. And before you say senior guys don't care, try to remember that commuting on RJs stinks, even for them, and real senior guys are and will be leaving shortly for good. Don't expect any wiggle room from mainline pilots. But, maybe more mainline jobs will open with those retirements on the way.

OYS

Sex, Seniority, salary.... in that order... So if that scope will get you some action, better seniority, or more pay, you will NOT go after scope...

Sex, Seniority, salary.... in that order... So if that scope will get you some action, better seniority, or more pay, you will NOT go after scope...

Keep hoping for that, it won't happen. Regionals will only grow by mergers, and then continue to shrink it seems.

OYS

Keep hoping for that, it won't happen. Regionals will only grow by mergers, and then continue to shrink it seems.

OYS

So you can honestly say, you would NOT give up scope for a payraise? Gotta raise the BS flag on that. Every single person on here would sell out for a raise. The trick management plays is finding the magical raise amount to satify a majority.

BTW i think I should have the Burns avatar and you should have homer in this discussion!

Latest resources

Back