• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE Surplus Bid:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with EVERYTHING you just said, except the part about the QOL being better at the bottom there than it is at the top here. I mean it when I say that it could only get better if they paid me to stay home. My last week of vacation was turned into 5 weeks. As I said before, I will work 6 days in Sept. If the bottom 1500 are doing that well, then Delta will be in trouble.

The FFD thing is going to change. We will need to become more competitive. I also believe Jerry has a plan B, C, and probably D to deal with the change. I thing you will see the bigger regionals split away and start up their own operations with the 100 seaters...Republic is going to test the waters. Jerry will be more conservative and wait for the timing to be right.

I am older than you and will not chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...Like you, I am going to ride this into the ground also....Time will tell how we all did...

I agree, and who knows where the next chapter will start, but the way DAL deals with DCI is changing, and once again it will effect pilot jobs.
100 seat jets as a stand alone may work, but there will be some issue with just that.
Maybe a bunch of code share stuff, but with the acid reflux here at DAL, they will not be doing it with a DAL code.
I agree that Jerry is being smart. He will be one of the last ones standing when this ends. A conservative approach right now is smart.

Having lot's of time off and visiting places on time off is fun...Commuting is not....MYR can be fun for an overnight (very fun actually). Germany is fun also. I'm going to work 6 days next month....I'll fun somewhere....

Commuting is going to get tougher with the schedule draw down.

Even tougher for you with your lower priority!:laugh:

International sucks. JFK sucks. Everyone in the JFK crew room has malaria. Stay away!!! (especially if you're senior to an 07 hire) 0:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice try. I actually like JFK. It all comes down to money!

I thought the same thing during the last displacement. Now that I am back on the ER I'm thinking about taking a VD down to ATL -88. I've been chasing money for the last few years (as well as the fantastic European layovers) and it is now time for me to chase QOL. I'm sorry but, I can't remember if you have little kids or not. If not, JFK will rock. If so, it will get real hard with the longer trips (as is my case).

I thought the same thing during the last displacement. Now that I am back on the ER I'm thinking about taking a VD down to ATL -88. I've been chasing money for the last few years (as well as the fantastic European layovers) and it is now time for me to chase QOL. I'm sorry but, I can't remember if you have little kids or not. If not, JFK will rock. If so, it will get real hard with the longer trips (as is my case).

Hey, how have you been doing down there in Summergrove. I here what you saying. I'm thinking guys like you will think the same thing and fly the 88 and take my 18 days off. If you can live with 70-75 hrs off pay, just bid min credit and you will not work much. The 88 is not so bad with a line. You go sit resv. on it and you'll fly 70-80 hrs with just 12-13 days off. Do whats best for your family, you will have plenty of time to fly the ER down the road. So will ACL, we are young guys.

The flip-side is if you just want a taste you better get it now. Who knows how long you will have to wait after this and at least this way you can find out if it's right for you instead of taking others words for it.

Chances are you will be getting bumped right back off after SOC anyway. I say if your on the 76 already, and you've ever had an interest in flying international you might as well check it out. If you don't like it at least down the line you'll know not to leave your 73N or -88 position for it, go through a full course and then incur a seat-lock for a position you are not even sure will be compatible with your lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure wide body awards to guys in the bottom 20% of a 12,000 pilot seniority list are over. Get it while the gettins good!

It'll be open season after SOC.

Last edited:
Hey, how have you been doing down there in Summergrove. I here what you saying. I'm thinking guys like you will think the same thing and fly the 88 and take my 18 days off. If you can live with 70-75 hrs off pay, just bid min credit and you will not work much. The 88 is not so bad with a line. You go sit resv. on it and you'll fly 70-80 hrs with just 12-13 days off. Do whats best for your family, you will have plenty of time to fly the ER down the road. So will ACL, we are young guys.

Hey buddy! Give me a call soon. I have the next ten days off due to creative trip trading.

The flip-side is if you just want a taste you better get it now. Who knows how long you will have to wait after this and at least this way you can find out if it's right for you instead of taking others words for it.

Chances are you will be getting bumped right back off after SOC anyway. I say if your on the 76 already, and you've ever had an interest in flying international you might as well check it out. If you don't like it at least down the line you'll know not to leave your 73N or -88 position for it, go through a full course and then incur a seat-lock for a position you are not even sure will be compatible with your lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure wide body awards to guys in the bottom 20% of a 12,000 pilot seniority list are over. Get it while the gettins good!

It'll be open season after SOC.

Exactly why I'm prob going to be going to the NYC ER with this bid! Getting bumped off the ATL 767 almost for sure. I don't really feel like going to school for the 737 or doing the short course for the 88 which I barely remember, too.

I figure while I don't have kids this is my one chance to do something crazy in my career and commute to NYC.

You don't want to come up here to JFK. You ever see the size of the rats in the pilot lounge...oh wait that was a FA in a size 28 dress!

But seriously, all in all it's not too bad if you can handle the commute and the cost of a room for the night. A good crashpad is hard to find, at least from what I've seen.

Latest resources

Back