• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE Surplus Bid:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm telling you guys, stay away! Malaria!! 25-day trips!! Dengue fever!!! Tiny fish with barbs that swim up your urethra and find a home !!!!!

Exactly why I'm prob going to be going to the NYC ER with this bid! Getting bumped off the ATL 767 almost for sure. I don't really feel like going to school for the 737 or doing the short course for the 88 which I barely remember, too.

I figure while I don't have kids this is my one chance to do something crazy in my career and commute to NYC.

Since you don't have small kids you are going to have a boat-load of fun! Enjoy!

Nice try. I actually like JFK. It all comes down to money!

Commuting twice a month? Let me guess, back to back 3 day trips? The money ain't worth it!!!! After back to back 3 day EU trips your gonna feel like complete $hit and the last thing you'll want to do is run around trying to get jumpseats. Or better yet, sit around hoping to get a ride only to have to go to the pad for a few hours of sleep so you can catch the first flight home in the morning. That, my friend, will cost you probably 2 days recovery at home minimum. I would take the -88 at home in a heart beat!

I'm almost looking forward to going back to the 737 in IAH.

Commuting twice a month? Let me guess, back to back 3 day trips? The money ain't worth it!!!! After back to back 3 day EU trips your gonna feel like complete $hit and the last thing you'll want to do is run around trying to get jumpseats. Or better yet, sit around hoping to get a ride only to have to go to the pad for a few hours of sleep so you can catch the first flight home in the morning. That, my friend, will cost you probably 2 days recovery at home minimum. I would take the -88 at home in a heart beat!

No..no...the 88 is terrible. Stay away from it. Go to New York.

No..no...the 88 is terrible. Stay away from it. Go to New York.

Don't get me wrong, just riding jumpseat on that thing (very grateful for the ride BTW), it wouldn't my top choice. However, driving to start a rotation as opposed to driving, flying waiting, etc. the -88 would be better. Hell, I even get a little jealous of the Light Twin Jet (LTJ) Joe Merchant is driving around ATL doing MYR turns with while I sit crunched in the middle seat of a 735 going to EWR. ;-)

I think ACL is referring to the actual 6 day rotations we have out of NYC.... ewr-ams-pdx-ams-ewr and similar.

Six days and nine days. I would not be doing that Atlantic RJ service that you are doing Plug.

From what I hear the SNN, LHR, LGW stuff will go senior since the senior guys do not want to sit for five days at a hotel.

Latest resources

Back