Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Adds Nonstop Service Btwn Atlanta & Mumbai, India (future of the NYC 777 base?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, Hell...

If Lowecur says it....I'd better move my money out of International investments....

Nobody panic yet.....same economists are already moving money out the latest get rich quick scheme i.e. commodities and parking it in Dollar hedges.....

Fins:

The world economy will be going through a transition where the dollar will increase in value by default. China, India, Indonesia, Philipines, and Vietnam are all suffering high inflation right now due to the high cost of commodities. As commodities unravel in the next year of so, the world economy will unravel with it.

Heyas,

Along with high inflation, many labor pools in Asia are starting to dry up. Additionally, people in these same pools are starting to demand wage increases. Put the two together, along with the huge increase in shipment costs and you start to see the cost of doing business in Asia, China especially, to skyrocket.

The collapsing markets in China, and to some extent India (although India's emphasis is more intellectual property/services based, and therefor will be softer landing) will further cause the commodities markets to plummet.

This will lead to a return of some manufacturing to the US, where US rail-lines remain one of the most cost effective trans-shipment methods in the world.

When things start going south, it will be interesting if the Chinese government tries to reel in its population's expectations, who are starting to get the taste of a better life, by it's leash (or the point of a gun). Civil unrest in China will be a harbinger of BAD things on that side of the Pacific. It will make the Japanese recession of the 90's look like a picnic.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back