Delta 800-221-1212

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ben Dover

Did Delta outsource their reservation number to some third world country? I had to call a couple times yesterday and not only was it difficult understanding each person, but the information I received wasn't correct.

(note to self: when my company goes into bankruptcy, saving a few pennies by cutting back on service might not be a good idea)

When they connect me to India I just hang up. I can't deal. I can't stand that computer that asks questions either. But what can you do? :rolleyes:

It was India a few years ago; "60 minutes" did an article on the whole outsources thing. Amazing how many big companies resorted to giving jobs overseas.

Ben Dover said:
Did Delta outsource their reservation number to some third world country? I had to call a couple times yesterday and not only was it difficult understanding each person, but the information I received wasn't correct.

(note to self: when my company goes into bankruptcy, saving a few pennies by cutting back on service might not be a good idea)

That isn't Delta's reservation number. That is PAN AM'S reservation number that Delta was able to swipe in the early 90's as part of the North Atlantic Ops/Shuttle deal for better recognition. Just had to add my $.02

Not all of the calls go to India. Some are routed to DFW and SLC call centers. I guess it depends on the time of day. I have had some interesting conversations too with "George" in Mumbai.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Not all of the calls go to India. Some are routed to DFW and SLC call centers. I guess it depends on the time of day. I have had some interesting conversations too with "George" in Mumbai.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Everytime I use to call, I would get "Sam."

So, what can I do to increase the odds that I get someone in the US.
And no, I don't want to rent a car.....what part of non-rev do you not understand....!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back