Delta 737-800 Jumpseat question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meanstreak

I'm planing on going to Caracas, Venezuela at the end of the month and I'm wondering if Delta's 737-800's have 2 jumpseats. Thanks.

meanstreak said:
I'm planing on going to Caracas, Venezuela at the end of the month and I'm wondering if Delta's 737-800's have 2 jumpseats. Thanks.

Jumpseats are not available to anyone on international flights to or from the US.

He may be asking because of the rule that Delta/United/etc have that limits the allotment of open seats in the back to the number of jumpseats installed.

labbats said:
He may be asking because of the rule that Delta/United/etc have that limits the allotment of open seats in the back to the number of jumpseats installed.

That's a good point.

dkwid said:
Jumpseats are not available to anyone on international flights to or from the US.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have jumpseated on Delta several times International and have never been denied. I've gone to Costa Rica, Mexico City,Cancun and St Maarten.

Can someone just please tell me if their 800's have 2 jumpseats. Thanks

They only have one jumpseat. Frankly, I'm amazed that any 737 could fit 2 JS, though I know other carriers do (where?). Our -800 cockpits are so cramped that typically only one pilot can even put his luggage bag in the cockpit--and that is with only one JS!

meanstreak said:

DAL's 738's only have one very uncomfortable jumpseat. Also, there is no room for your rollerboard in the cockpit.

meanstreak said:
I'm not sure what you mean. I have jumpseated on Delta several times International and have never been denied. I've gone to Costa Rica, Mexico City,Cancun and St Maarten.

I should have been more specific. You can not occupy the jumpseat on international flights. Of course I was not thinking of the obvious point of your question, which was how many jumpseaters will they take....my apologies.

JohnQ said:
Frankly, I'm amazed that any 737 could fit 2 JS, though I know other carriers do (where?).

I jumpseated several years ago on an Alaska 737-200 Combi that had 2 jumpseats up front. I got the seat right behind and above the captain. Talk about cramped, I had to bend into all sorts of strange shapes just to see out the front windows.

Meanstreak,

We only have one jumpseat on the 738, but not many people jump to CCS on us. If there is one open seat in the back, then it is yours. Go to the INTL ticket counter in the E Concourse and pay your landing tax or whatever (you can have a refund if you don't get on), and then go to the gate and give a big smile to the gate agent. Maybe ask him/her if they want a starbuck's coffee (near the center part of E), and I bet they will help you. (hey, I bribe them too--regardless) Tell me what date you want to go and I will see what the loads are like. PM me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back