• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delay of 9E/XJ/9L list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What came first, the chicken or the egg? Same at PCL. We will never really know, to many variables. There certainly were a significant number of pilots that made things difficult for the MEC. And I wasn't really a fan of some of the previous MEC members/actions either.

I actually think the current MSA MEC/SLI Committee may be doing their pilots a disservice right now, both by perusing DOH and with the negative communications.

Going for DOH sets an expectation that is unlikely to happen (and also doesn’t do their junior pilots any favors). Their energies may have been better spent on trying to make sure the 900 is classed above the 200/Q400. Combined with the negative comm, it is setting up potential for considerable tension between pilots that will have to work together soon.

The sooner this process ends, the better.

We have had some good leadership over the last 3-4 years. But don't underestimate how destructive the rank and file can be if they lack the intelligence, education or cultural norms to distinguish between the enemy and the union itself. They also have a very negative influence on good leadership, in addition to the general lack of solidarity.

I will agree with how destructive the rank and file can be to the leadership. As for the reasoning for the destructive behavior I don't want to speculate on that.

But a destructive rank and file can be detrimental to the leadership. You bring up a good point.

I still question whether any if us on this forum have personally seen or heard what each group is pursuing in regards to the sli. The only thing that w can be sure of is that Bloch knows all there is to know of the situation and he will comment sometime before the return of Jesus.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Same at PCL. We will never really know, to many variables. There certainly were a significant number of pilots that made things difficult for the MEC. And I wasn't really a fan of some of the previous MEC members/actions either.

I actually think the current MSA MEC/SLI Committee may be doing their pilots a disservice right now, both by perusing DOH and with the negative communications.

Going for DOH sets an expectation that is unlikely to happen (and also doesn’t do their junior pilots any favors). Their energies may have been better spent on trying to make sure the 900 is classed above the 200/Q400. Combined with the negative comm, it is setting up potential for considerable tension between pilots that will have to work together soon.

The sooner this process ends, the better.

Sorry, being treated terribly by management is never going to result in destructive actions directed at pilot advocates and volunteers, instead of the company management that is so bad. At least, not among intelligent and enlightened people.

At least, not among intelligent and enlightened people.

I said pilots were all similar, not intelligent. And sure as heck not enlightened. :laugh:

The thing is that PCL has been such a get it, get time, get out kind of place, that many people aren't interested in expending the slightest effort to try and improve it. Eventually, people just get tired and say "f it".

Regardless, the past is the past. The new (post SLI) MEC has a decent contract (with good grievance langauage) and a (hopefully) improving management team to work with. Life should get better for all the pilots.

And don't forget, with the 2012 hiring boom, we will all be moving up (or getting off) the list anyway!!! :erm:

I said pilots were all similar, not intelligent. And sure as heck not enlightened. :laugh:

The thing is that PCL has been such a get it, get time, get out kind of place, that many people aren't interested in expending the slightest effort to try and improve it. Eventually, people just get tired and say "f it".

Regardless, the past is the past. The new (post SLI) MEC has a decent contract (with good grievance langauage) and a (hopefully) improving management team to work with. Life should get better for all the pilots.

And don't forget, with the 2012 hiring boom, we will all be moving up (or getting off) the list anyway!!! :erm:

Amen.

Hear, Hear.

I was surprised mesa bas sli final proposal was doh since I always thought doh was best only for the top 40 percent and 75-80percent of pinnacle pilots. I was even more surprised the pinnacle proposal was so selfish it was almost laughable-when if they went doh it would have put Bloch in a place to place more pinnacle pilots above more mesaba and colgan pilots. I and many mesaba guys thought our union was going to present a relative with fences as the ones who were shouting doh and wanted on the sli committee were not selected. As for the communication..........I agree it is severely lacking......and is making some very upset. I always say......contact your rep.......but that should not have to be......it seems I get my info quicker from other unions.......but I for some reason have not gotten union emails as soon as I was waiting on something as important as this......is there a connection with my complaints and my email stopping? Lol. I am kidding- but communication needs to improve.

It's kind of hard to communicate when your not told much from Bloch. 9E has more info because that is where the issuses lay in their list ( this not a shot at 9E guys). The MSA MEC will only report what they can when they can. You also have to remember that comm chairman is most like on a trip and can only send out info when he can. Do I think the MEC should put out a letter once a day to say they know nothing or they found a few more isuess and it doent have to be about 9e's list. Now they don't have to go into details just a general what's going on. If you want the details call your rep and demand answers.

Latest resources

Back